Bullnose Forums

New Rim/Tire Combo in Stock '86 250 4X4

So after A LOT of reading and comparing and crunching (don't know why this is so confusing) I think I have landed on a new rim and tire combo for my old beat up childhood truck.

It's an 86 F250 4X4 with stock suspension, 8' bed, sterling 10.25" full floater and TTB up front

Rims: Mickey Thompson Classic 3's 16X8" with 4.00 backspace and -12mm offset

Tires: BFG KO 2's 285/75-16 (33x11)

I am certain the rims and tires will get along, and I am *pretty* sure I won't have any clearance issues on the truck.

I am also looking at doing a Lugnut 4x4 rear disc brake conversion, and hoping that won't cause an issue.

Any big red flags before I pull the trigger?

Thanks guys

I'll try to throw a picture up, signal in the plant is iffy, but my 83 F250 ran 285/75R16 BFG M/T for a while and they almost looked too small. The 250/350 can generally clear a 35" tire stock, and the 250 can run 37's since you don't have to worry about any flex happening :nabble_smiley_beam:

This is all factory on 285/75

Just for fun this is a stock suspension and 37's. On stock wheels it rubbed at lock, with aftermarket it never rubbed unless you were turning and uneven.

Wow - thank you so much for the info and especially the photos - that really helps a lot to visualize. Guess I have more room than I thought.

Have an awesome day!