Bullnose Forums

Bronco Roof refresh

Gsmblue

Yes!

I need 29126... how the heck do I find that anywhere????

"29126" is the generic part number. And, in fact, it is only part of a generic number. And to find the whole part number you needed me to add the detail about 29126 to the Part Number tab. I hadn't done that, but now have. :nabble_smiley_blush:

So, now if you look you'll see that F2TZ 9829126-A is the right hand BRACKET (BODY SIDE WINDOW GARNISH MOULDING), and F2TZ 9829127-A is the left hand. And with that you can go search the internet for it.

To explain a bit about part numbers, 29126 is a generic Ford # for a BRACKET (BODY SIDE WINDOW GARNISH MOULDING) in any vehicle anywhere in the world. (Don't ask where the "98" came from - I don't know but would like to.) So to make that specific to a Bronco it needs a prefex - in this case the F2TZ. The "F2" tells us that it was engineered in 1992, but since Broncos didn't change in that area it fits back to 1980.

And the "TZ" tells us it is for the truck line.

As for the suffix, the "A",it tracks the iterations of the item. In this case it was the first, and apparently last, of these brackets designed in 1992.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"29126" is the generic part number. And, in fact, it is only part of a generic number. And to find the whole part number you needed me to add the detail about 29126 to the Part Number tab. I hadn't done that, but now have. :nabble_smiley_blush:

So, now if you look you'll see that F2TZ 9829126-A is the right hand BRACKET (BODY SIDE WINDOW GARNISH MOULDING), and F2TZ 9829127-A is the left hand. And with that you can go search the internet for it.

https://www.rearcounter.com/F2TZ-9829126-A-parts343010.html

https://www.rearcounter.com/F2TZ-9829126-A-parts343010.html

If you can't find them at a reasonable price, I sell sets & single pieces by e-mail.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/565618/thumbnail/camperhdwr7891.jpg

I knew I forgot something.

I have a missing trim clip and I have no idea what it is called or where to find one.

Any help appreciated!

It is absolutely amazing that in 1 day, with the assistance of forum members, multiple sources [new and used] have been found! :nabble_anim_claps:

I knew I forgot something.

I have a missing trim clip and I have no idea what it is called or where to find one.

Any help appreciated!

It is absolutely amazing that in 1 day, with the assistance of forum members, multiple sources [new and used] have been found! :nabble_anim_claps:

Wow!! How on earth...

Well.

Steve, when i het home i will double check whay i need and then will contact you, thank you!!!!

• 7 months later...

Steve,

Just sent you a message!

Thank you!

Along the same (trim) line, the chrome trim in the rear window seal...do you need a special tool to install, or can you get by with what you have?....thanks, Bills-l1600_trim.thumb.jpg.529f49381ccc1b4bc5b2cca5d3baede4.jpg

Along the same (trim) line, the chrome trim in the rear window seal...do you need a special tool to install, or can you get by with what you have?....thanks, Bill

I think you can install it w/o any special tools. But I'll look in the factory shop manual in a bit to see what I can find......

I think you can install it w/o any special tools. But I'll look in the factory shop manual in a bit to see what I can find......

Thanks, the rubber looks OK but the trim is scrungy looking, thought about just taking the trim out ..didn't know if it would cause leaks, etc...when in doubt...don't.