Bullnose Forums

Vacuum open inlet

Edit: if you look at mine or Bill's vacuum routing diagram (I think Gary has both on the site somewhere) they look more like the iconic 'pipes' screensaver, or a bowl of spaghetti!

Though I know you're a Mac guy and probably didn't see much of early Windows.

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I didn’t see yours but I can easily imagine that they can look as this notorious Windows screensaver!

Even if I’m on Apple since more than 30 years, I had no choice to work with Win OS, so I know it.

And seems that some Mac aficionados found the way to install it on their Apple machines.

:nabble_anim_crazy:

Jeff, I have an older MacBook Pro that I have as a dual boot, MAC OS and Win 10. I use it for tuning Darth and running a diagnostic program called Forscan on the Flexes. Once all the bugs on the software and hardware are resolved it will run MPScan and MPTune for the Chrysler electronics.

I think my 1966 Shelby GT350 had the simplest one, PCV valve only or the 1958 F100, vacuum advance only.

Here is the vacuum "spaghetti" I removed from Darth when I installed the EFI system:

IMGP0905.thumb.jpg.a84544e9b166cbbe7dd557c6f4d3eb77.jpg

Gary, I sincerely hope for you, Bill, Jim and all other “Vacuum Master-Teachers” here, that there will never happen to come a newbie like me :nabble_smiley_whistling:, rebuilding a really complicated Bullnose spaghetti vacuum system.

It would take years to help him understanding his machine!

:nabble_anim_working:

That’s a chance for you guys that Big Bro has one of the simplest vacuum diagram that Ford ever made. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks again for your patience!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

No problem, Jeff. We are happy to help others learn. And glad that you should have improved performance from Big Bro.

Jeff, I have an older MacBook Pro that I have as a dual boot, MAC OS and Win 10. I use it for tuning Darth and running a diagnostic program called Forscan on the Flexes. Once all the bugs on the software and hardware are resolved it will run MPScan and MPTune for the Chrysler electronics.

Yep, I also run Bootcamp to boot Macs directly under Windows, but this is no more possible with Apple’s latest Silicone chips (M1, M2…).

That’s why Intel Macs still be useful.

Otherwise, Win emulators such as Parallels Desktop usually work well, if the running software isn’t to power hungry.

We live in a Windows world, almost impossible to not run it occasionally.

:nabble_smiley_thinking:

I think my 1966 Shelby GT350 had the simplest one, PCV valve only or the 1958 F100, vacuum advance only.

Ahhh, these good old days where even simpletons like me could understand an engine…

😜

Bill, did you post somewhere picts of these two babies?

Here is the vacuum "spaghetti" I removed from Darth when I installed the EFI system

OMG! :nabble_smiley_scared:

That’s one of the reasons guys like me need guys like you!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, I sincerely hope for you, Bill, Jim and all other “Vacuum Master-Teachers” here, that there will never happen to come a newbie like me :nabble_smiley_whistling:, rebuilding a really complicated Bullnose spaghetti vacuum system.

It would take years to help him understanding his machine!

:nabble_anim_working:

That’s a chance for you guys that Big Bro has one of the simplest vacuum diagram that Ford ever made. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks again for your patience!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

You ought to see the vacuum lines on my 1981. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Glad things are coming together. :nabble_smiley_good: