Bullnose Forums

Behind dash connector identification

Strange... I have the 1984 EVTM, and there is no C240 connector.

And the buzzer connector (no number) looks very different:

It's curious that Big Brother's C240 is found in the 1985 EVTM.

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

It may have just been some bleed-over dependent upon when your truck was assembled and at what plant.

So you may have an 85 main dash harness and an excuse to buy another hardcopy EVTM :nabble_smiley_happy:

It may have just been some bleed-over dependent upon when your truck was assembled and at what plant.

So you may have an 85 main dash harness and an excuse to buy another hardcopy EVTM :nabble_smiley_happy:

Accordingly to Marti Report, Big Brother was delivered a bit later than expected:

IMG_7920.jpeg.17d614ccdedbd270d4de3d4bdbd83cf1.jpeg

It's still strange that 85 harnesses were installed in early 84 trucks (at least Canadian Crew Cabs).

Anyway, the evidence is clear, we have the proof that '84 EVTM edition isn't the one I needed!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Accordingly to Marti Report, Big Brother was delivered a bit later than expected:

It's still strange that 85 harnesses were installed in early 84 trucks (at least Canadian Crew Cabs).

Anyway, the evidence is clear, we have the proof that '84 EVTM edition isn't the one I needed!

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Hmm yeah, I was expecting much later in the year.

What about this:

The 84 connector has 4 wires. In your photo 2 of the 6 wires are spliced. Perhaps someone added those two and swapped connectors to the 85 style?

On my phone so haven't analyzed which of the wires are spliced and if that holds water but maybe? :nabble_smiley_beam:

Hmm yeah, I was expecting much later in the year.

What about this:

The 84 connector has 4 wires. In your photo 2 of the 6 wires are spliced. Perhaps someone added those two and swapped connectors to the 85 style?

On my phone so haven't analyzed which of the wires are spliced and if that holds water but maybe? :nabble_smiley_beam:

Interesting hypothesis.

I'll look closer at the connector and will come back.

:nabble_smiley_good:

I think it may be an error in the 1984 EVTM. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

The 1984-1986 Seat Belt Warning Buzzer / Headlamp On Buzzer, is the same.

E4TZ-10B924-A Fits 1984/1986 E-F-U-150/350

Could very well be. There's been more than a few found already so what's one more? :nabble_anim_crazy:

Could very well be. There's been more than a few found already so what's one more? :nabble_anim_crazy:

Good catch, Ralph. Pretty sure it is a mistake in the 84 EVTM, although I guess there might be more granularity needed in the "calendar". It might be that the 84 EVTM was published in late 83 or early 84, and the buzzer might have come out in late 84.

Having said that, Jeff's truck was built in early '84 and appears to have the later buzzer. So that takes us back to "pretty sure it is a mistake in the 84 EVTM".