Bullnose Forums

Nice Flareside near Indy - $4500

Trucks are like motorcycles, there is a different truck for every purpose. Mostly, I'd like to spend the extra $$ and get a really nice Bronco or Flareside as a daily driver. I don't care about fuel mileage, unless its averaging less than 10.

I'd take a woken up 300 six and a 4 speed manual. I think I'd enjoy a tire smokin 302 or 351 more though.

ahhh heck....I'll just drop a big block chebby in it!!

Yes, a different truck for every purpose. :nabble_smiley_good:

A Flareside would make a cool daily driver. I'd like to try a 300 six with lots of tricks on it with an OD tranny behind it - but not the ZF5 since they shift so slowly.

As for a tire-smoking V8, I wouldn't start with a 302 if that was my goal. Go with a 351 to get the stroke and, therefore, the torque.

How can you tell? I'm curious.

The 1987 fenders have a larger radius wheel opening, with a slightly different lip. If you look at the 1980-1986 fenders, and then the 1987 you can see the difference. The Bullnose Flareside rear fender openings are contoured the same as the front fenders.

How can you tell? I'm curious.

The 1987 fenders have a larger radius wheel opening, with a slightly different lip. If you look at the 1980-1986 fenders, and then the 1987 you can see the difference. The Bullnose Flareside rear fender openings are contoured the same as the front fenders.

Now I see the difference. Ok, thanks!

Thanks for pointing that out. Now I see the difference too. Hmmm. id rather have the correct fenders honestly. The radius on those doesn't match the front, I think it would bother me.

Anyway, I got a hit on the Lincoln, a guy is coming tomorrow to have a "serious" look he said. So maybe tomorrow I will have a wad of cash to either concrete the pole barn with....or do something stupid like buy another vehicle I don't need. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Anyway, I got a hit on the Lincoln, a guy is coming tomorrow to have a "serious" look he said. So maybe tomorrow I will have a wad of cash to either concrete the pole barn with....or do something stupid like buy another vehicle I don't need. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I wasn't going to say it in case you bought the truck, but I would want the wheelwell openings to match. I've seen several Bullnose trucks with later beds on them and the mismatched wheelwell openings bugs me. (I don't know why I didn't spot that immediately.)

And good luck on the Lincoln!

I wasn't going to say it in case you bought the truck, but I would want the wheelwell openings to match. I've seen several Bullnose trucks with later beds on them and the mismatched wheelwell openings bugs me. (I don't know why I didn't spot that immediately.)

Yeah, you can see that the Bullnose rear wheel openings match the front. I think the wheel openings on the 1987 Flareside are probably the same as on the 1987-up Styleside beds?

IMG_5391.jpg.03d1885b97dc81122b5d481d8300f00d.jpg