Bullnose Forums

Nice Flareside near Indy - $4500

Yeah, you can see that the Bullnose rear wheel openings match the front. I think the wheel openings on the 1987 Flareside are probably the same as on the 1987-up Styleside beds?

That's a much better look. :nabble_smiley_good:

We watched the made-for-TV movie about the Branch Davidians, and there was a Bullnose with a later bed in it. Saw it several times - and didn't like it.

Are you specifically looking for a Flareside?

I saw this one below the other day and thought it was a nice little truck for the money (assuming it is as rust free as claimed); Looks great in the pics.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-f150-4x4/6687465229.html

That is a pretty good looker.

For some reason I just really like the look of the flaresides, and broncos. I like these bullnose trucks to sit up a little too. A lot of the trucks that have the original nose dive stance look smaller. But when you stick that nose up in the air a little it makes the truck look tougher. IMHO

That is a pretty good looker.

For some reason I just really like the look of the flaresides, and broncos. I like these bullnose trucks to sit up a little too. A lot of the trucks that have the original nose dive stance look smaller. But when you stick that nose up in the air a little it makes the truck look tougher. IMHO

So, Big Blue needs the nose higher?

So, Big Blue needs the nose higher?

Big blue already sits up pretty high. I guess I should clarify. A regular F150 2wd with the nose dive stance looks off to me. You know a regular truck that has the normal ride height. I like them to have a level stance. Any angle down in the front just doesn't look right to me. It's just my opinion though.

You remember that white truck I had? Its stance bothered me. When I put that front sway bar in the suspension lifted naturally and gave it a much better stance.

Big blue already sits up pretty high. I guess I should clarify. A regular F150 2wd with the nose dive stance looks off to me. You know a regular truck that has the normal ride height. I like them to have a level stance. Any angle down in the front just doesn't look right to me. It's just my opinion though.

You remember that white truck I had? Its stance bothered me. When I put that front sway bar in the suspension lifted naturally and gave it a much better stance.

I actually prefer the factory ride height, with the front slightly lower. However, I know I'm probably in the minority these days as leveling kits are quite common (as are lowering and lift kits). My 84 is lower in the front, but I like it that way.

Interesting on the natural lift of the sway bar....

I have front and rear sway bars I'm waiting to install in my 84. Should I expect the front end to lift a little bit as a result?...and if so, how much?

I have front and rear sway bars I'm waiting to install in my 84. Should I expect the front end to lift a little bit as a result?...and if so, how much?

I saw about 3/4" to 1-1/4" rise. The sway bar tied the two control arms together and if I remember correctly, the bracket for the sway bar went under the spring? I could be wrong. But yeah there was at least 3/4" rise. Connecting the control arms together helps them work together better and created the lift. Your Mileage may vary. The increase in handling was drastic!

I saw about 3/4" to 1-1/4" rise. The sway bar tied the two control arms together and if I remember correctly, the bracket for the sway bar went under the spring? I could be wrong. But yeah there was at least 3/4" rise. Connecting the control arms together helps them work together better and created the lift. Your Mileage may vary. The increase in handling was drastic!

The sway bar itself does not lift the vehicle. It adds weight, which will lower it slightly (probably imperceptibly). But if you add spacers under the springs to connect the sway bars, those spacers might affect ride height enough to notice.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1045999/thumbnail/swaybarfr8086.jpg

The sway bar itself does not lift the vehicle. It adds weight, which will lower it slightly (probably imperceptibly). But if you add spacers under the springs to connect the sway bars, those spacers might affect ride height enough to notice.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1045999/thumbnail/swaybarfr8086.jpg

Bracket 5486 in the diagram is what I remember placing under the springs. The action of the sway bar once braced to the two main frame rails along with the links on the control arms had a net effect of lifting my truck. There is no debating, the front end of my truck went up. I had to realign the tie-rods and take the eccentric upper bushings all the way out to compensate chamber for the lift. It was border line needing to have the H beams bent to get the proper chamber. I used all new Poly bushings when installing the bar. Maybe rubber would have a lesser lifting effect.