Bullnose Forums

Nice Flareside near Indy - $4500

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! But don't miss this one. $2000 cheaper, but lots further away. And it is a 300 six vs the 351 HO.

its up to $3200. Not bad. Not my favorite color scheme though.

Maybe its because I have been around chevies forever where bigger is better.....why would I want a ford 300 six over a ford 351 V8?

its up to $3200. Not bad. Not my favorite color scheme though.

Maybe its because I have been around chevies forever where bigger is better.....why would I want a ford 300 six over a ford 351 V8?

That's $3200 Canadian, which is just less than $2500 US.

Why would you want the 300 six? It is a truck engine with lots of torque down low. But it won't accelerate like the 351 HO, and the HO has the least emissions "stuff" of the small V8's. The 460 had similar emissions, but it was only available in an F250 or 350, and now you are talking heavier trucks that ride like a truck.

Anyway, not trying to talk you into it, just making sure you see the options.

That's $3200 Canadian, which is just less than $2500 US.

Why would you want the 300 six? It is a truck engine with lots of torque down low. But it won't accelerate like the 351 HO, and the HO has the least emissions "stuff" of the small V8's. The 460 had similar emissions, but it was only available in an F250 or 350, and now you are talking heavier trucks that ride like a truck.

Anyway, not trying to talk you into it, just making sure you see the options.

oh okay, i didn't see that it was in Canada, didn't look that close.

I messed up Gary. When I lived out there in Collinsville a guy I worked with had an 81 4x4 step...FLAREside, with the 300 six and a 4 speed. Green with tan interior. Would have sold it to me for about $3500. I should have bought it but wasn't in a position to afford it. That would have been a great truck to get my hands on.

oh okay, i didn't see that it was in Canada, didn't look that close.

I messed up Gary. When I lived out there in Collinsville a guy I worked with had an 81 4x4 step...FLAREside, with the 300 six and a 4 speed. Green with tan interior. Would have sold it to me for about $3500. I should have bought it but wasn't in a position to afford it. That would have been a great truck to get my hands on.

Yes, that is a good combo and would have made a nice truck. But, just hide and watch and another one will come along.

What do you want to do with the truck? To me, that makes all the difference in what you buy. If you want to drive it and get decent MPG then you want a smaller engine, and probably not the C6 tranny. If you want to feel the power then you want something with a bigger V8, but it won't get the MPG. So, what you want to do with the truck is the key.

Yes, that is a good combo and would have made a nice truck. But, just hide and watch and another one will come along.

What do you want to do with the truck? To me, that makes all the difference in what you buy. If you want to drive it and get decent MPG then you want a smaller engine, and probably not the C6 tranny. If you want to feel the power then you want something with a bigger V8, but it won't get the MPG. So, what you want to do with the truck is the key.

Trucks are like motorcycles, there is a different truck for every purpose. Mostly, I'd like to spend the extra $$ and get a really nice Bronco or Flareside as a daily driver. I don't care about fuel mileage, unless its averaging less than 10.

I'd take a woken up 300 six and a 4 speed manual. I think I'd enjoy a tire smokin 302 or 351 more though.

ahhh heck....I'll just drop a big block chebby in it!!