Bullnose Forums

Gavin82

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

A real, true XLS!?!? COOL! Don't get me wrong, you'd still be quite welcome with any truck. But there aren't that many real XLS's out there.

Where's home? Do you want to be on our Member's Map?

Hi Gary. Sure, please add me to the map. I live in Regina Saskatchewan, Canada.

As for the truck... the vin is 2FTCF10EXCCAxxxxx but it doesn’t really identify that it’s an xls. From what I’ve found so far on your website it’s seems to have a lot of the trim options. Is there anyway to know for sure that it’s a true xls?

As for the truck... the vin is 2FTCF10EXCCA94589 but it doesn’t really identify that it’s an xls. From what I’ve found so far on your website it’s seems to have a lot of the trim options. Is there anyway to know for sure that it’s a true xls?

Greetings from the east coast Gavin (I'm in Nova Scotia).

Beauty of a truck ya got there. I'm a big fan of the Flaresides, but I've never actually seen an XLS in the flesh. I'd say you've got something pretty unique there.

Looks like original paint and stripes? The data tag on the driver's door jamb will tell you more about the trim/colors/options than the VIN, but I'm not sure if it will identify it 100% as a true XLS, but Gary will know. Is the tag still clear enough to read?

Can't wait to see the progress on this one;). Good luck!

As for the truck... the vin is 2FTCF10EXCCA94589 but it doesn’t really identify that it’s an xls. From what I’ve found so far on your website it’s seems to have a lot of the trim options. Is there anyway to know for sure that it’s a true xls?

Greetings from the east coast Gavin (I'm in Nova Scotia).

Beauty of a truck ya got there. I'm a big fan of the Flaresides, but I've never actually seen an XLS in the flesh. I'd say you've got something pretty unique there.

Looks like original paint and stripes? The data tag on the driver's door jamb will tell you more about the trim/colors/options than the VIN, but I'm not sure if it will identify it 100% as a true XLS, but Gary will know. Is the tag still clear enough to read?

Can't wait to see the progress on this one;). Good luck!

Nice truck! Welcome to the forum! :nabble_anim_claps:

As for the truck... the vin is 2FTCF10EXCCAxxxxx but it doesn’t really identify that it’s an xls. From what I’ve found so far on your website it’s seems to have a lot of the trim options. Is there anyway to know for sure that it’s a true xls?

Gavin - You are now on the map. And that shows me that you aren't far from Ray/Notenoughtrucks. Maybe you two can have coffee some day.

As for the XLS, I do not believe there is anything in the VIN nor on the certification label that tells it was built as an XLS. But if you find the build sheet it might. Those are sometimes found between the foam and the springs at the bottom of the seat, under the carpet, stuffed in the dash above the glove box, or in other seemingly random places. But in my work trying to decode a few build sheets I haven't seen anything on there that would say XLS.

So, perhaps a Marti report would?

Jonathan/FordF834 is pretty savvy about the XLS trucks, so maybe he knows?

Gavin - You are now on the map. And that shows me that you aren't far from Ray/Notenoughtrucks. Maybe you two can have coffee some day.

As for the XLS, I do not believe there is anything in the VIN nor on the certification label that tells it was built as an XLS. But if you find the build sheet it might. Those are sometimes found between the foam and the springs at the bottom of the seat, under the carpet, stuffed in the dash above the glove box, or in other seemingly random places. But in my work trying to decode a few build sheets I haven't seen anything on there that would say XLS.

So, perhaps a Marti report would?

Jonathan/FordF834 is pretty savvy about the XLS trucks, so maybe he knows?

It certainly looks to be a XLS. The mirror(s) has been replaced as it is not black.

Wouldn't you like to have the dash pieces, Gary?

It certainly looks to be a XLS. The mirror(s) has been replaced as it is not black.

Funny you should mention that...

I came across a Bullnose parts truck this morning, also in Saskatchewan where Gavin is, and it has black mirrors on it;). Not sure if they were painted that way or not, but they caught my eye regardless:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/nipawin/1980-ford-f-150-2wd-very-solid-body/1384696696?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Funny you should mention that...

I came across a Bullnose parts truck this morning, also in Saskatchewan where Gavin is, and it has black mirrors on it;). Not sure if they were painted that way or not, but they caught my eye regardless:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/nipawin/1980-ford-f-150-2wd-very-solid-body/1384696696?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Welcome. Pretty neat truck!