Bullnose Forums

Installed Cab vents, Doors close so much easier now

I had these vents on the shelf well over 10 years now, "gonna put them in" well finally, yep, installed, They are from a '94 Ford cab. One mod I made to them was 1/4" hardware cloth to keep the rodents out during winter storage.

With windows up and slider closed, the doors would not shut completely because of the "air cushion" created by the door closing, (and proper door seals working) If I lower the windows, the doors shut effortlessly.

Now with windows up and slider closed the air escapes out the vents, no more "slamming" or forcing the doors to close.

For some reason phots get rotated on theis site, sorry....

Cab_vents3R.jpg.8df2f1d7f805a62f0dd13802870bf01e.jpg

Cab_vents2.jpg.df0e9b0f955739e697143ea4c9f8a74e.jpg

Cab_vents1.jpg.26767506486cc84aa576ccb1f4d1844f.jpg

Good job, Ron. Thanks for sharing.

Do you hear any noise through them? Do the valves flutter?

Great job! I have 1995 doors on my truck which will basically do the same since the doors have the vents. I did notice a difference, but due to the extra supports in the later doors, they still shut pretty "hard" even with the vents. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the later trucks have vents in the cab wall as well although I don't know the full year range for the cab wall vents.

Great job! I have 1995 doors on my truck which will basically do the same since the doors have the vents. I did notice a difference, but due to the extra supports in the later doors, they still shut pretty "hard" even with the vents. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the later trucks have vents in the cab wall as well although I don't know the full year range for the cab wall vents.

How do vents in the doors work?

Reamer, the site can't read the exif data and see what side is up. What I've found works is take a screenshot of the picture with the phone upright and use that one.

And yeah iirc the vent is just a one way flap, at rest it's closed but not much of a seal. Not that it needs one there anyways.

I'm intrigued by this as my doors have always been a pain in the neck to close with the windows up. With them down, it shuts like a dream. Does anyone know of a similar solution that doesn't involve cutting massive holes in the back cab? The noise levels are already bad enough in my cab without adding holes.

I'm intrigued by this as my doors have always been a pain in the neck to close with the windows up. With them down, it shuts like a dream. Does anyone know of a similar solution that doesn't involve cutting massive holes in the back cab? The noise levels are already bad enough in my cab without adding holes.

This is what my 94-96 doors have. Not sure if older years have a similar thing or not. Pictures aren't that great, but it's hard to get one looking down into a dark door.

DSCN2609.jpg.d72930f75edd27f17a6f08b1ae5fc14f.jpg

DSCN2610.jpg.4b3c6874400a0299137e4f0c91040cf9.jpg