Bullnose Forums

Need Help On Show Prep

The show is now just over 2 months away and lots of things need doing now as well as then. And some of those can be done remotely, so can I get some help? Can people sign up? Please?

Here are some of the things that will need to be done:

• Swag: We need someone to hit up the vendors for swag. (Some define that as "boodle, booty, bundle, graft, money, and plunder", but here we mean things like tee shirts, gift cards, fridge magnets, and even catalogs.) Heretofore I've hit up the likes of LMC, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, Dennis Carpenter, 4WP, etc. But I think we are missing some opportunities and would like someone to take this over and start campaigning ASAP.

• Dinner Zoom Coordination: I think we are going to do a Zoom session so members who can't come to the show can meet some of us that can. I can do the setup as I do that at church, but I'll need someone that will get the members in the room to come up and introduce themselves as well as ensure that those who are remote are included. This won't take any knowledge of the technology, but it probably should be done by someone at the dinner. Maybe could be done remotely?

• Facebook Live Streaming: I'm also thinking we'll do Facebook Live during the show, although this is still under consideration. But we will need someone who is au fait with doing this. Shouldn't be all that hard but there should be a set format, such as where the person is from, what his/her truck is, followed by a walk-around of the truck - I think. So it needs to be done by someone at the show.

• Photographer: We'll also need still shots of both the dinner as well as the show, and especially the awards at the end.

John/Machspeed - I've tagged you 'cause you said you'd be the photog but I don't want to assume you'll do it. In fact, you could do the Facebook live and/or the Zoom coord.

Gary, since I'll be on the road the two weeks preceding the dinner, will be difficult for me to participate to the "tech" side of the preparation.

But I am willing to help John taking pictures during the event. And videos if needed. I'll have my "stock shot kit" (Nikon, drone, GoPro). Although I'm not well equipped for the sound capture side.

And I am volunteering for any other kind of help during the event (installation, cleaning, etc).

• Swag: We need someone to hit up the vendors for swag. (Some define that as "boodle, booty, bundle, graft, money, and plunder", but here we mean things like tee shirts, gift cards, fridge magnets, and even catalogs.)

Gary, I sent an email to Ford Media.

We never know...

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

I'll copy you.

• Swag: We need someone to hit up the vendors for swag. (Some define that as "boodle, booty, bundle, graft, money, and plunder", but here we mean things like tee shirts, gift cards, fridge magnets, and even catalogs.)

Gary, I sent an email to Ford Media.

We never know...

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

I'll copy you.

Thanks, Jeff. But I've not gotten the email copy. No biggee, just wanted you to know.

And, by the way, John/Machspeed called and will take the photographer role. Not the videographer, just the still shots.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Jeff. But I've not gotten the email copy. No biggee, just wanted you to know.

And, by the way, John/Machspeed called and will take the photographer role. Not the videographer, just the still shots.

Will be glad to start calling around to vendors. How about we create a folder/thread under Events for 2023 and any of us calling places can add them to the thread so we don't double dip?

Will be glad to start calling around to vendors. How about we create a folder/thread under Events for 2023 and any of us calling places can add them to the thread so we don't double dip?

That would be wonderful, Scott! Please do and keeping track in that thread is a very good idea. :nabble_smiley_good: