Bullnose Forums

ScubaSteve's 1986

ScubaSteve

Here is my 1986, 2WD, F150, XLT, Lariat, with a 302 and AOD transmission.

I have had the truck about 1 year and have been working hard getting it to where it is today. When I purchased the truck it had a very solid rust free body and frame but it had a real bad paint job. The truck had several issues with the electrical system and leaked oil from everything that held oil, but I have all that worked out now and running well. I just had the truck painted and I still need to get the interior reinstalled. After I get the interior back in I feel like I am finished for the most part but will be completing a few things like refinishing the wheels and maybe a bed liner. My goal for the truck is not a show truck but a real nice driver.

IMG_1259.jpg.e3e2ab81d63e9dffc97495db94171575.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg.5e329b67343035a9019764b23b6aca2d.jpg

Steve - That's a nice looking truck. And it would certainly be in the top end of the trucks that were at my show last weekend. So, bring it next year! :nabble_smiley_good:

As an '86 5.0L it should EFI - right? So it has all the emissions stuff on it and that works well. Cool! That's rare these days, but is something to be appreciated.

Steve - That's a nice looking truck. And it would certainly be in the top end of the trucks that were at my show last weekend. So, bring it next year! :nabble_smiley_good:

As an '86 5.0L it should EFI - right? So it has all the emissions stuff on it and that works well. Cool! That's rare these days, but is something to be appreciated.

Yep 5.0 EFI and everything is working. It was alot of work getting everything sorted out but the truck had such good bones it had to be saved.

Thanks,

Good for you! :nabble_smiley_good: Too many people would have pulled the EFI off and installed a carb. But I applaud you getting it going correctly. :nabble_anim_claps:

I was very close a couple of times but I got it working. It still doesn't idle as smooth as I think it should but I dont know if those engines with efi ever idled perfect. I have never replaced the injectors so im thinking I may do that in the near future.