Bullnose Forums

Custom radio face plate

Cinamon

Steve - The DIN opening is interesting, but what is more interesting is the HVAC control. How hard was it to change to the 87/88 control? Did the cables replace the vacuum motors? Or did you have to change out some/all of the HVAC system?

The first radio bezel that was for sale is a perfect match, because I don’t have the clock in mine.

Also I have 3 small cracks if you look at the picture of my bezel along the dash, can anyone tell me if they have tackled repairing small cracks like that before ?

...repairing small cracks like that before ?
Superglue or E6000 (clear or black) should do the job.
How hard was it to change to the 87/88 control?
The dash had to come out, but I think I was doing other stuff back there at the time.
Did the cables replace the vacuum motors?
Yes, that was the main purpose of the swap. The truck's original engine was so worn-out that I had to run WOT all the time, and there was no vacuum to operate the cruise or HVAC.
Or did you have to change out some/all of the HVAC system?
Yes, I changed the inside box, and I had to block off its hole for the vent-window register hoses. But it was worth it for the positive & independent control of all the functions.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/978978/thumbnail/hvac87.jpg

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I might put it into the '93 EB Bronco I'm building...

...repairing small cracks like that before ?
Superglue or E6000 (clear or black) should do the job.
How hard was it to change to the 87/88 control?
The dash had to come out, but I think I was doing other stuff back there at the time.
Did the cables replace the vacuum motors?
Yes, that was the main purpose of the swap. The truck's original engine was so worn-out that I had to run WOT all the time, and there was no vacuum to operate the cruise or HVAC.
Or did you have to change out some/all of the HVAC system?
Yes, I changed the inside box, and I had to block off its hole for the vent-window register hoses. But it was worth it for the positive & independent control of all the functions.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/978978/thumbnail/hvac87.jpg

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I might put it into the '93 EB Bronco I'm building...

Steve - I like the '87/88 control approach to get the flexibility in the controls, but think I can get as much as I need with the Bullnose control and a few mods I have planned. Like the Heat Shut Off described on the HVAC page.

Thanks.