Bullnose Forums

Custom radio face plate

Cinamon

Cinamon - Assuming by "face plate" you mean the radio bezel, the part numbers and years/models are on the page Interior/Instrument And Radio Bezels.

But you'll see that you need to specify if it is the black mesh weave or the "woodgrain", which is also called Rosewood. Plus, you need to specify if it is with or without clock and with or without radio.

And once you figure all of that out someone on here might have one! :nabble_smiley_good:

Cinamon - Assuming by "face plate" you mean the radio bezel, the part numbers and years/models are on the page Interior/Instrument And Radio Bezels.But you'll see that you need to specify if it is the black mesh weave or the "woodgrain", which is also called Rosewood. Plus, you need to specify if it is with or without clock and with or without radio.And once you figure all of that out someone on here might have one! :nabble_smiley_good:
Yes the black mesh one, 

image1.thumb.jpeg.877367aaae5506ee89bab74b65db3e5f.jpeg

Mine has a crack in it, and I’m going back to stock this radio is not stock so I need this face plate . I have the radio now but I’m in need to the radio bezel ..

On Sep 20, 2018, at 10:14 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Ok, to make sure, you want a 1980/81 bezel with the black mesh weave and the radio cutout but not the clock cutout. Right? (The clock goes in the three windows above, and yours doesn't appear to be cut out.)

That is E0TZ 1044D70-G. And for those looking for it in your stash, I believe it will say this on the back:

E0TB-10045A98B CLOCK CUSTOM

E0TB-10045A98B NO CLOCK CUSTOM

E0TB-10045A98B NO CLOCK FORD

Ok, to make sure, you want a 1980/81 bezel with the black mesh weave and the radio cutout but not the clock cutout. Right? (The clock goes in the three windows above, and yours doesn't appear to be cut out.)

That is E0TZ 1044D70-G. And for those looking for it in your stash, I believe it will say this on the back:

E0TB-10045A98B CLOCK CUSTOM

E0TB-10045A98B NO CLOCK CUSTOM

E0TB-10045A98B NO CLOCK FORD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-pickup-truck-bronco-dash-mounted-radio-bezel-trim-B410/183420213741?fits=Year%3A1981%7CSubmodel%3ACustom%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item2ab4b259ed:g:yGkAAOSwRn1bkdQj:sc:USPSPriority!40475!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1984-Ford-F-100-F-150-Bronco-Radio-Dash-Bezel-Custom/223150597601?hash=item33f4cfe5e1:g:AF8AAOSwWORboEvJ

Well done, David!

But, I take issue with the 2nd one that says it is for an 80 - 84. There is no such thing. The bezels changed between 1981 and 1982, and it cannot be correct for both. It may fit both, but it cannot be correct for both.

I think someone on here (Jonathan?) was explaining the difference, and I think it has to do with the raised bead and the type of mesh.

Also, the first one has a removable bezel for the radio. Cinamon - I'm not sure how that will work with your radio as the 1980 - 84 radios were an odd size and didn't properly accommodate a later DIN-sized radio.

Well done, David!

But, I take issue with the 2nd one that says it is for an 80 - 84. There is no such thing. The bezels changed between 1981 and 1982, and it cannot be correct for both. It may fit both, but it cannot be correct for both.

I think someone on here (Jonathan?) was explaining the difference, and I think it has to do with the raised bead and the type of mesh.

Also, the first one has a removable bezel for the radio. Cinamon - I'm not sure how that will work with your radio as the 1980 - 84 radios were an odd size and didn't properly accommodate a later DIN-sized radio.

1980, not 1981, not CUSTOM, and you would have to find and install the correct clock, but this is NOS [a little dusty]!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1980-FORD-F100-F250-F350-RADIO-CLOCK-BEZEL/372200921359?epid=9013016825&hash=item56a8e7590f:g:ojoAAOSwEW9aWRIf

...didn't properly accommodate a later DIN-sized radio.
This & the NEXT few show how I put a DIN & 1/2 into my '83 dash:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/165445/thumbnail/radio1.jpg

It was very solid for many years of driving, wheeling, & crashing.

Steve - The DIN opening is interesting, but what is more interesting is the HVAC control. How hard was it to change to the 87/88 control? Did the cables replace the vacuum motors? Or did you have to change out some/all of the HVAC system?