Bullnose Forums

new member in montana

Hi thank you for the membership.

I have a 1986 f250 I bought it 7 years ago from a neighbor.

The truck is a Xlt 8’ box with the two small back windows and small bench seat in back . 460 engine, c6 transmission, manual shift 208 tcase. Dana 50 ttb front with a sterling 10.5 rear with air bags. 3.55 gears.

265-75.16 Toyo mt. tires. 16”alloy wheels. Bushwacker flairs.

The engine is mildly warmed over. Long tub headers3” single exhaust with straight through muffler. Edelbrock Performer package. 750 Holley carb. Aluminum 4 row radiator

Big remote transmission cooler. All emissions equipment deleted. Still has a good working r12 ac system.

We use the truck mostly for camping with a 10 foot western wilderness slide in camper. We are almost always pulling are 18foot jet boat with us too.

The truck is in good condition a surviver . I keep it maintained

Myself.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

But I want to see pics of that rig. You might want to read up on how to post pics at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQs though as it isn't straightforward.

And while we are looking at other pages, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and can add you with a city.

A 10' camper is a load, so I understand the need for the air springs. And adding the 18' boat means that 460 is working. No wonder it is thirsty!

• 9 months later...

521 ci big block engine I built for thirsty.

Engine is 500 + hp . All forged pistons. H beam forged rods . Forged scat crank. Eddlebrock heads . Custom cam from Scotty the max porter.

Recurved distributor from scotty . Harland sharp rockers . 8qt oil pan .

Holley 750 carb with eddlebrock rpm intake. About 9.8:1 compression.

Pulls the load excellent. Like it’s not even there .

With out the camper and boat , the truck is a rocket.

I had the c6 transmission built a few years back for extreme use . Shifts

Strong . Will down shift and rev to 6000rpm and shift to the next gear if needed.

Engine is 500 + hp . All forged pistons. H beam forged rods . Forged scat crank. Eddlebrock heads . Custom cam from Scotty the max porter.

Recurved distributor from scotty . Harland sharp rockers . 8qt oil pan .

Holley 750 carb with eddlebrock rpm intake. About 9.8:1 compression.

Pulls the load excellent. Like it’s not even there .

With out the camper and boat , the truck is a rocket.

I had the c6 transmission built a few years back for extreme use . Shifts

Strong . Will down shift and rev to 6000rpm and shift to the next gear if needed.

Nice! Looks good!

And those old Western Wilderness campers aren't light!

I had one with a wet bath, glad there wasn't a generator.