Bullnose Forums

84 F-250 - no dash lights or gauges

Coco

ooh wow there’s a lot more to the LEDs than i thought. i might stick with stock lights and replace the bulbs with OEM ones instead. the lights that DO/did work are bright enough i haven’t had any issues seeing them. it’s only the panel lights that are dim; although i know that’s on every old Ford rig out there. My old ‘90 F-250 was the same way, and so is my ‘90 Ranger.

i’m trying to look up the ICVR thing for the gauges though, since i’m at work at oreillys right now, but can’t pull anything up. is there a part number or something specific that it could be called anyone knows of that might help my computer pull it up?

The Part Number for the ICVR is

Ford Number:

D1AZ-10804-A

Motorcraft Number:

GR-513

The Part Number for the ICVR is

Ford Number:

D1AZ-10804-A

Motorcraft Number:

GR-513

Thanks, Ralph. But I wouldn't put a factory one on. Someone sells a replacement solid state one and I'm searching for it. There's a reference some place on the forum for it... :nabble_anim_working:

Found it! In fact our page at Documentation/Electrical/ICVR has a link to it at Dennis Carpenter. Looks like this:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n137582/Dennis_Carpenter_ICVR.jpg

Is it really snapping??

I never took one off...

:nabble_anim_confused:

Solid state would be better. Thanks Gary. :nabble_smiley_good:

-------------------------------

And yes they snap on the printed circuit like a 9 volt battery.

Found it! In fact our page at Documentation/Electrical/ICVR has a link to it at Dennis Carpenter. Looks like this:

i found one too!! took a little digging on google, but i verified that the part in my system is in fact the wrong one. we don’t carry it at all, so i’ll have to go across the street to AutoZone after work and order it from them.

thank you guys so much for your help!! if this doesn’t fix the gauges, where should i start looking next?

i found one too!! took a little digging on google, but i verified that the part in my system is in fact the wrong one. we don’t carry it at all, so i’ll have to go across the street to AutoZone after work and order it from them.

thank you guys so much for your help!! if this doesn’t fix the gauges, where should i start looking next?

Have you confirmed that your oil pressure and water temp gauges don't work when you ground their wires?