Bullnose Forums

Schematic, TACHOMETER pcb

Sully69

I'm glad you grabbed the manual filler as those getting hard to find. Does it say "Unleaded Fuel Only"? I know of someone who might be able to use one that doesn't as his dashboard seems to be doing its best to send him that message. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, no there is no text on the filler plates. My truck has the "Unleaded Fuel Only" text, but it's on the main cluster black fascia panel (I think). I have a US cluster here that does not have the "Unleaded Fuel Only" text on it.

Did some of them say Unleaded Fuel Only on the little filler plates? I'd send somebody one if they needed it...that's why I grabbed it.:nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, some of them said Unleaded Fuel Only, and one of our members has a truck that says so both places. I know 'cause I drove the truck and he pointed it out. Let's see if he rises to the bait. :nabble_smiley_evil:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, some of them said Unleaded Fuel Only, and one of our members has a truck that says so both places. I know 'cause I drove the truck and he pointed it out. Let's see if he rises to the bait. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Interesting. I’ve not seen it on the filler plate with that on it before. The cluster mask said unleaded fuel only on the catalyst gas engine models, and was blank on the non-catalyst 460 trucks, medium duty clusters etc., and of course the 6.9 trucks said diesel fuel only. For what it’s worth, the unleaded fuel only wording is just white paint and will come off with rubbing alcohol. I’ve got a couple extra manual block off plates in my stash, but if they are getting hard to find perhaps I should grab a few more...

Interesting. I’ve not seen it on the filler plate with that on it before. The cluster mask said unleaded fuel only on the catalyst gas engine models, and was blank on the non-catalyst 460 trucks, medium duty clusters etc., and of course the 6.9 trucks said diesel fuel only. For what it’s worth, the unleaded fuel only wording is just white paint and will come off with rubbing alcohol. I’ve got a couple extra manual block off plates in my stash, but if they are getting hard to find perhaps I should grab a few more...

There's a good friend, called Alabam by some, that has it both places on his little red truck. :nabble_smiley_wink:

There's a good friend, called Alabam by some, that has it both places on his little red truck. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And you can bet that only unleaded fuel goes into its tank! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

But, do you need two reminders, and in close proximity, to make sure you don't put any in? Or, would you like to simplify your dash?

As for Lurch, when we were in France several years ago there was an SUV that we nicknamed Lurch. It was UGLY, and had a strange resemblance to that gentleman.

But, do you need two reminders, and in close proximity, to make sure you don't put any in? Or, would you like to simplify your dash?

If this is David’s truck... is it possible the second “unleaded fuel only” label is actually on his medium duty tach face? This is one place that I ~have seen the label and it would explain the redundancy:

1D3E4774-AFDB-4E74-8239-6B5B6AD3D3FB.jpeg.024b31a24d31bed2eac5164bba428323.jpeg

EFF699FA-D9CB-407D-9BBA-01B722F2D9DE.jpeg.d52cb9dbfd2c84a3c1cd0e5c860da276.jpeg

If this is David’s truck... is it possible the second “unleaded fuel only” label is actually on his medium duty tach face? This is one place that I ~have seen the label and it would explain the redundancy:

Bingo! :nabble_smiley_good:

Dumb question time.... Can I use a newer tach on an older bullnose (83 bronco) without changing the pcb plastic at the back of the cluster?