Bullnose Forums

Schematic, TACHOMETER pcb

Sully69

Question for Gary Lewis:

I was searching this morning (Google internet search) & found an old thread on FTE about some tach problems. While reading I discovered that a user had sent you a con schematic for a tach. As I am unable to decipher it (too blurry) on my phone, I'm wondering if you still have a copy I can get or that you can post for me. I have an EVTM for my '80 f150 but it doesn't have that schematic. I have a diode on my con that broke somehow. JY near me have some trucks but they tell none have tach's.

Sully

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not finding a tach schematic in my files. But, is it the tach itself or the connection you are needing?

Perhaps if you gave me a link to the post on FTE it would jog my memory?

Gary it is the schematic for the pcb. Since nobody local (JY) has any trucks with tachometers I thought I'd buy all new components and fix the one I have

It's an old thread from 2014, I took a shot in the dark, hoping you might still have it.

It was sent to you from "eddiec1564"

The link is below "Factory tach from hell" Post "33 or 34" I believe.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1341172-factory-tach-from-hell.html?highlight=Factory+tach+hell

Sully

Gary it is the schematic for the pcb. Since nobody local (JY) has any trucks with tachometers I thought I'd buy all new components and fix the one I have

It's an old thread from 2014, I took a shot in the dark, hoping you might still have it.

It was sent to you from "eddiec1564"

The link is below "Factory tach from hell" Post "33 or 34" I believe.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1341172-factory-tach-from-hell.html?highlight=Factory+tach+hell

Sully

What do you mean by "con"? Haynes has a few film circuit layouts, but there are at least 2 for most years. I have some pics of clusters I've collected over the years, but I doubt I have an '80.

Why don't you post several pics of your cluster, and its film circuit, and any problems you see on it? We might be able to help you solve them.

What do you mean by "con"? Haynes has a few film circuit layouts, but there are at least 2 for most years. I have some pics of clusters I've collected over the years, but I doubt I have an '80.

Why don't you post several pics of your cluster, and its film circuit, and any problems you see on it? We might be able to help you solve them.

I think he means the tach's printed circuit board, and he's wanting the schematic. I haven't found it, yet, but I have enlarged the one from the FTE post. Let's see what this looks like. And, I added it to the page on Electrical/Tachometers where it is bigger.

Will those work?

Tach_Schematic.thumb.jpg.590f07da8cc83eb88cec1f87ea4d1bb1.jpg

Steve83

"con" seems to be what my phone thinks I want to say when I type in "pcb". Sorry, thought I caught them all but guess I didn't.

Sully

Steve83

"con" seems to be what my phone thinks I want to say when I type in "pcb". Sorry, thought I caught them all but guess I didn't.

Sully

Gary

That's exactly what I needed, I didn't dl it because I thought it was blurry from.....

I don't know why, just thought an original would be clearer. Thanks, I spent 1/2 the day yesterday in the attic going through boxes looking for wiring diagrams etc.

Thanks again

Sully

Gary

That's exactly what I needed, I didn't dl it because I thought it was blurry from.....

I don't know why, just thought an original would be clearer. Thanks, I spent 1/2 the day yesterday in the attic going through boxes looking for wiring diagrams etc.

Thanks again

Sully

Glad it helped. Please let us know how the repair goes. You might have a new profession. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Glad it helped. Please let us know how the repair goes. You might have a new profession. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary,

Back in olden times, after I left the military, I went to school to learn a "trade to fall back on" (as my dad said). I spent 2 years learning electronic technology which, in the '70s, was mostly vacuum tube technology although there were transistors involved. I also went to college & got a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (music major), all while working days as a mechanic. When rumors of home computers started. I had to go back to learn about them.

I actually learned about 'puters before joining military by hanging out in the basement of MIT learning code from some real strange characters, most looked like they hadn't seen sunlight in years.

A hobby of mine is picking up old receivers, amps, speakers and such things and upgrading the components to today's standards. Love the sound of amps etc from the '60s & '70s.

Sorry about the long winded post lol.

Thanks again, you seem to be a massive wealth of information!

Sully