Bullnose Forums

Source for Pinstripe tape?

Hi

I have a 84 F150, white with red panels. The tape around the bottom of those panels is partially damaged. I tried to find a source for that tape online but I can't find the right width. I need 7/8" wide red/silver/red with a silver center that seems to have been reflective.Anything close would be nice. I'll replace all of it, so it does not have to match. Does anybody here know where I can find that? Thank you

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I'm looking at for the day when I scratch enough money together for a paint job:

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/ford/80nft3b.php#here

I see the inverse of your colors available, but lower on the page it says they can make whatever is needed so it is probably worth contacting them still.

Oh, and don't try to find/buy NOS tape off eBay. The adhesive is long gone on 40 year old tape at this point...

This is what I'm looking at for the day when I scratch enough money together for a paint job:

https://www.phoenixgraphix.com/ford/80nft3b.php#here

I see the inverse of your colors available, but lower on the page it says they can make whatever is needed so it is probably worth contacting them still.

Oh, and don't try to find/buy NOS tape off eBay. The adhesive is long gone on 40 year old tape at this point...

He's right, I've checked with old NOS rolls of tape and they not only don't stick but seem to have shrunk.

But you can find the colors here: Documentation/Specifications/Tape Stripe Codes/F-Series Tape Stripe Codes.

Your truck is a 1985 model, not a 1984. And an early 1985 at that.

The upper trim molding and lower tape stripe found on your truck was exclusive to the early 1985 models.

You're right,you know your F150s LOL. 18 years ago when I bought the truck from a dealer,just to have a beater truck for hauling and dump runs etc., there was an issue with the title. That's why I still thought it was an 84. But looking at the door tag it's a 3/85.

I don't know how to feel about that. On one had it is newer than I thought, on the other hand it will be one extra year before I can drive it in out local vintage car parade....

You're right,you know your F150s LOL. 18 years ago when I bought the truck from a dealer,just to have a beater truck for hauling and dump runs etc., there was an issue with the title. That's why I still thought it was an 84. But looking at the door tag it's a 3/85.

I don't know how to feel about that. On one had it is newer than I thought, on the other hand it will be one extra year before I can drive it in out local vintage car parade....

Rick has that same trim, so he spotted it easily. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So, tell me. What's the difference between these two 1985 brochure covers? :nabble_smiley_evil:

The left brochure is the "early" version, dated 8/84. The one on the right is the "late" version dated 1/85.

1985-f-series-early-page1-copy_orig.png.4c937190877064aab5b493e0d1ba5a9c.png1985-f-series-late-compacted-less-page1_orig.png.b137f0657ddbb54f0dab51f32469b090.png