Bullnose Forums

My Bullnose Journey - wonderful update!

Great story, and very nice looking truck. That truck is a gem. I am on a similar journey restoring my Dad's 84 Flareside. It's not as nice as yours, but I am getting closer. My goal is to have it as close to stock as possible with a few incremental steps in between.

Is that Wimbledon white? I just sent stock wheels (Thanks to Sac79/Rob!) out to get powder-coated, and the guy at the shop immediately rattled off Wimbledon as the color I would want for an old Ford (which I think is true). I have a very nice set of hubcaps already waiting....

Great story, and very nice looking truck. That truck is a gem. I am on a similar journey restoring my Dad's 84 Flareside. It's not as nice as yours, but I am getting closer. My goal is to have it as close to stock as possible with a few incremental steps in between.

Is that Wimbledon white? I just sent stock wheels (Thanks to Sac79/Rob!) out to get powder-coated, and the guy at the shop immediately rattled off Wimbledon as the color I would want for an old Ford (which I think is true). I have a very nice set of hubcaps already waiting....

Yes, the white on the side of the truck and on the wheels is Wimbledon White.

20230211_094055.jpg.57cd3789f28ded86d1d04f4c7f73ee45.jpg20230209_094557.jpg.00584138b67f43b68b8ecb094ef61e27.jpg

I did the same thing with my wheels but went the budget approach and stripped them to bare metal before painting them with Rustolium White Enamal and their clear coat.