Bullnose Forums

Cam Break-In is done! So good, so far!

Hi Gary. Thanks!

Do not stress yourself. Health is most important! So if you need a break, you should take one. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I'll check the partnumbers on the list. Now, as looking fist times on the rotors, I've seen why they are squiking...:nabble_smiley_argh:

The former owner said the breaks are new...but as I've seen now, he only changed the pads and left the old, shrunk rotors.

So, no wonder about the noise...

Maybe I should open a new thread, cause I have different questions about the restore by now.

As I have 250 miles driven since yesterday, I think and hope the cam and lifters won't so strange things anymore...:nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm doing better this morning, and have come to the conclusion it was something I ate. :nabble_smiley_sad:

You can start a new thread if you want, and I can easily copy over anything I need to keep track of the part numbers.

Glad you've gotten 250 miles with no bad noises. I think maybe you are out of the woods, but I'd stay with an oil that has plenty of ZDDP in it.

I'm doing better this morning, and have come to the conclusion it was something I ate. :nabble_smiley_sad:

You can start a new thread if you want, and I can easily copy over anything I need to keep track of the part numbers.

Glad you've gotten 250 miles with no bad noises. I think maybe you are out of the woods, but I'd stay with an oil that has plenty of ZDDP in it.

Hi Gary! Glad to hear, that you are doing better today!

Yes, I've already started a new threat. Herr I have summed up, what's important by now.

I'll do so. I've already ordered the additive from comp cams and will add it with the next oil change after another 250 miles.