Bullnose Forums

How To Install Sliding Window "Divider Bars"?

Yep, I'm sure he would have found out how weak the plastic latches are quite quickly. I was expecting it to break off as I cleaned it.

What happened with us was that one of us reached back and used the plastic latch to pull the window closed. But the latch came off immediately. Unfortunately we were on a trip and had to figure a way to latch it for the rest of the trip. It wasn't easy but it worked.

Darth's slider is a single section and doesn't have a latch, I guess with the motor and cable it isn't needed.

Yep, I'm sure he would have found out how weak the plastic latches are quite quickly. I was expecting it to break off as I cleaned it.

What happened with us was that one of us reached back and used the plastic latch to pull the window closed. But the latch came off immediately. Unfortunately we were on a trip and had to figure a way to latch it for the rest of the trip. It wasn't easy but it worked.

I have the same divider bars in my back window, I tried to remove them, eventually using both hands to prior them off the glass. "No way", it was like they were caulked in there.

I removed them from the glass by separating the lower portion of the divider, at the very bottom, they just peeled off, only a dab of caulk at the very bottom of the glass and divider.

Reinstalled them, tried to remove them as one piece again and they held in there tight.

One more thing, the glass had a gasket around it, like the quarter glass have.

I have the same divider bars in my back window, I tried to remove them, eventually using both hands to prior them off the glass. "No way", it was like they were caulked in there.

I removed them from the glass by separating the lower portion of the divider, at the very bottom, they just peeled off, only a dab of caulk at the very bottom of the glass and divider.

Reinstalled them, tried to remove them as one piece again and they held in there tight.

One more thing, the glass had a gasket around it, like the quarter glass have.

Bill - Do you read lips? :nabble_anim_blbl:

dionden - I'd wondered about pulling the glass out, but then discovered that these dividers came off very easily. So I'm thinking it'll be easier to put them on with RTV and call it a day.

As was said, clean things extremely well, apply the RTV sparingly, and put them in place. Then push them together by pushing on the outside edges of the sliding glass, making sure they line up well and the glass seats fully. Let it set overnight and they should be good to go.