Bullnose Forums

"Youngster" with a '81 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat

Awesome Truck that looks like it has a pretty straight/clean body on it. Welcome to the forum. I'm just north of you in Winchester, VA. I'm not knowledgeable like some of the other minds on here but this group is awesome at helping out. They helped me get my Bullnose from not running when I bought it to ready for paint (hopefully this summer). Best of luck. We will do all we can to help out!

Welcome Youngster, here goes $20 worth of my 2 cents. CLEAN as Gary says. Clean out the bed of the truck to store parts, get cardboard boxes to group parts, get some of Mom’s sandwich bags and a magic marker.LABEL,LABEL and LABEL. Bag every nut, bolt and screw, LABEL where they go, yes, you will forget.Move the parts from the cab first, find nuts, bolts to match those parts, LABEL! Post photos and ask what this is or that is. There are no dumb questions on this site except from us old guys. Use air compressor and blow out dirt, dust and trash. Then you can start cleaning. Cover sensitive items, carb, dist.,alt etc. Wet down inside of hood and everything under hood, then get some dawn soap, mix with water and spray everything under the hood. Let it sit 10 to 15 min and brush with nylon brush using more spray soap. Rinse off. No it won’t be completely clean but it’s clean enough to work on. You can clean and repaint parts as you replace them. Check my post under projects, getting ready for the road. Yours can look the same, YOU can do it. Good luck and Persevere. CJ