Bullnose Forums

DANA 50 SOLID FRONT AXLE VS ???

I think that's the outfit I talked to that said they could do a D44HD for the same price. I spent about that much going with the D60 by the time I bought the axle, springs, and Sky Offroad kit. Or maybe more.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm pretty settled on the dana 60 leaf spring swap. Mainly because we are now planning to hit the road in the next year or 2 for a few months of family travel. I'm going to outfit the truck and buy a travel trailer. See my latest post on calculating GCVW.

School me on solid front axles. I found a parts truck locally with a lot of good parts. Its a 89'. It appears to have a Dana 50 solid front axle....

I can get this f250 parts truck for 1500 bucks. I figured the axles, good body are worth that.

An '89 F-250 wouldn't have had a solid axle (at least if it's a North American truck, I know they did some different things in Australia???). It would've had either a Dana 44HD TTB or a Dana 50 TTB, either one with leaf springs.

There are people who don't understand TTB and since it isn't the IFS that they are familiar with they say it's a solid axle. So that might be what's going on here?