Bullnose Forums

Steering Column Ground

ScubaSteve

I actually have a tester for the vacuum speed control, my son used it to test the one on his 86 and I used it to test the one on my 1994 Taurus.

Well, if I didn't have several of the modules I might want to borrow that for Big Blue, who's speed control doesn't work. But, that might have something to do with not having a vacuum diaphragm. Would that have anything to do with it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I didn't have several of the modules I might want to borrow that for Big Blue, who's speed control doesn't work. But, that might have something to do with not having a vacuum diaphragm. Would that have anything to do with it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

The diaphragm is inside the servo, where the cruise throttle cable comes from.

The diaphragm is inside the servo, where the cruise throttle cable comes from.

Okay here's what I did to make it work. The rag joint has no bolts to connect the jumper wire to so I just hooked a small throttle return spring across the joint to complete the ground. Horn works fine now. Thanks for all your help.

Okay here's what I did to make it work. The rag joint has no bolts to connect the jumper wire to so I just hooked a small throttle return spring across the joint to complete the ground. Horn works fine now. Thanks for all your help.

Good idea! I was expecting you to go from the rag joint to ground. But instead you went across the rag joint and use the steering box as ground. Right?