Bullnose Forums

Gas door bumpers

Thanks a million Keith, didn’t mean to stir the pot, well maybe a little, I suggested to the supplier that the parts could be mislabeled but got nowhere, my 70 years experience from A models to Helicopter's, no good there. Nuff Said, look forward to information you get. Again Thanks, Charles

Well, I've been driving all day (750 miles) so have missed today's to and fro, but it looks like things are working out. But when the dust settles I'd like to document what was learned on the page at Documentation/Exterior/Fuel Filler Doors so we don't have to do this again.

Thanks, y'all!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, my preferred source on these is clipsandfasteners.com, here is the part:

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/searchresults.asp?searching=Y&sort=7&search=4258%20&show=45&page=1

That is not the correct part either. The hole dimensions are the same, but the other dimensions are off.

The part numbers also don't match up to the MPC.

---------------------------

I did a little more research, and this is definitely the one he needs:

Fit on body:

Ford Part#: CC-22-A = 378359-S : 5/16" diameter hole Fits: 1980-1996 F-100/F-350/U-150: 1997 F250HD/F-350 - 1980-1986 Requires Two per door. 1987-1996/7 Requires One per door.

NPD has it here: And it's listed correctly on their page.

378359-S

------------------------------------

Fit on Door Hinge:

Ford Part#: CC-6 = 354860-S : Fits: Numerous Ford vehicles on up to 2019. Still available through Ford. 1980-1986 fits on fuel door hinge.

NPD has it here:

354860-S

------------------------------------

I checked LMC and they have both available as well. And their website page seems correct.

LMC #41-1597 should equal Ford # 378359-S,

I'm wondering now if the wrong part was labeled with the correct LMC number? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

And if that's the case, where does LMC get their stock from, and how many vendors does this potentially effect? :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Being a one finger Typer, it’s tough to answer everyone but I wish to thank each and everyone for their help and patience. This forum is the best I have joined. Thanks Guys

Well, I've been driving all day (750 miles) so have missed today's to and fro, but it looks like things are working out. But when the dust settles I'd like to document what was learned on the page at Documentation/Exterior/Fuel Filler Doors so we don't have to do this again.

Thanks, y'all!

Gary, I remember when I could drive like that.I’ve driven from Jacksonville,Fl. To San Antonio, Texas for daughters graduation from Air Force boot camp in one day. Drove from Monterey, Ca, to Atlanta, Georgia in four days pre-interstate in 1950 Plymouth. 750 miles is a tough drive even with interstate. When we hear from Keith, it will make it easier for members to get correct part. Charles

Gary, I remember when I could drive like that.I’ve driven from Jacksonville,Fl. To San Antonio, Texas for daughters graduation from Air Force boot camp in one day. Drove from Monterey, Ca, to Atlanta, Georgia in four days pre-interstate in 1950 Plymouth. 750 miles is a tough drive even with interstate. When we hear from Keith, it will make it easier for members to get correct part. Charles

Yes, I'll be tired for today and probably tomorrow because of that drive. But Janey has come down with a sinus illness and has been feeling miserable so we didn't want to stop anywhere since she wouldn't enjoy it. And I'll be surprised if I don't get it, so wanted to be home to battle it here.

Anyway, we will get things documented after I get some chores done - like trimming the grass and mowing. :nabble_smiley_super:

For what it's worth, I also ordered the gas door rubber bumpers from LMC for my 1984 F150, and they too did not fit...not even close. I went to the junkyard and walked around checking truck gas doors until I found a set that would work, and they came from a Dodge Ram! I forget exactly what I did...but I had to cut the height to fit. However, they popped in and fit fine otherwise.

On another note...and not to bash LMC...(I do order from them often), but they do have some mistakes in their catalogs and I've had to re-order or modify their parts to fit. The catalogs had the incorrect Bullnose cab mounts listed for ages and it has caused issues for others besides me, but I haven't checked recently to see if it has been fixed or updated.

On the upside, LMC shipped me an incorrect part one time and they promptly corrected the issue by sending me the correct part and told me to keep the wrong one. That's good customer service.

Being a one finger Typer, it’s tough to answer everyone but I wish to thank each and everyone for their help and patience. This forum is the best I have joined. Thanks Guys

No problem.

I agree, that this is a great forum, and all of us here try to help each other.

:nabble_anim_handshake:

For what it's worth, I also ordered the gas door rubber bumpers from LMC for my 1984 F150, and they too did not fit...not even close. I went to the junkyard and walked around checking truck gas doors until I found a set that would work, and they came from a Dodge Ram! I forget exactly what I did...but I had to cut the height to fit. However, they popped in and fit fine otherwise.

On another note...and not to bash LMC...(I do order from them often), but they do have some mistakes in their catalogs and I've had to re-order or modify their parts to fit. The catalogs had the incorrect Bullnose cab mounts listed for ages and it has caused issues for others besides me, but I haven't checked recently to see if it has been fixed or updated.

On the upside, LMC shipped me an incorrect part one time and they promptly corrected the issue by sending me the correct part and told me to keep the wrong one. That's good customer service.

To be fair, LMC has always responded fast, but with the same wrong part. It’s always “that’s what’s in the warehouse and we haven’t had a problem”. That’s not solving the problem. The end user, you, pay more for parts in the long run because of this. No one wins. I wish LMC, all the success in the world and I will go on to larger things, like that large catfish at the pond, who broke my line twice. CJ

To be fair, LMC has always responded fast, but with the same wrong part. It’s always “that’s what’s in the warehouse and we haven’t had a problem”. That’s not solving the problem. The end user, you, pay more for parts in the long run because of this. No one wins. I wish LMC, all the success in the world and I will go on to larger things, like that large catfish at the pond, who broke my line twice. CJ

Gary, any news on gas door bumpers? CJ