Bullnose Forums

Gas door bumpers

I can verify that the 41-1597 bumpers are not correct...they're definitely too small. I was able to track down the PNs for five different fuel tank doors as well as some NOS samples of each, and got them ordered. They just arrived a couple days ago...they're literally sitting on my desk as I type this...but I haven't had the chance to sit down and and measure each one to verify factory dimensions and do a test fit on a truck. I will try to do that this coming week.

Thanks, Keith. Are you/LMC going to then have the right ones soon? Or will you be slowed by searching for a source?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Keith. Are you/LMC going to then have the right ones soon? Or will you be slowed by searching for a source?

Well, I'll have to pull samples of ours off the shelf and measure, then measure the NOS versions I brought in to compare with, and if they don't match up then I'll have to source them. In many cases I've found we already sell them under a different number for a different application, so it'll just take a little detective work. If I can't find the correct ones here, then I'll have to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, it's not super-fast process. In some cases we'll provide samples to a third-party vendor who will then create a mold to make them. That obviously takes a little longer.

Well, I'll have to pull samples of ours off the shelf and measure, then measure the NOS versions I brought in to compare with, and if they don't match up then I'll have to source them. In many cases I've found we already sell them under a different number for a different application, so it'll just take a little detective work. If I can't find the correct ones here, then I'll have to look elsewhere. Unfortunately, it's not super-fast process. In some cases we'll provide samples to a third-party vendor who will then create a mold to make them. That obviously takes a little longer.

Ok, makes sense. Please keep us posted.

My thinking was you would check # to see if they were miss labeled. In todays world, l didn’t expect an in depth study and I am humbled, rightly so. You earned your label. Many Thanks, C Jett

I have done a LOT of business with LMC. I will say their website makes searching for things a little difficult, but when I have gotten the wrong part, they have sent another out, and not expected a return. I have been overall pleased.

Dennis Carpenter has also been fantastic in this regard, and they are fairly local for me. Quick ship!

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress on gas door bumpers? CJ

• 4 weeks later...

Any progress on gas door bumpers? CJ

Do you have a picture of the bumpers you’re looking for?

When restoring Big Bro, I ordered the wrong ones (that I kept in stock).

We never know, this could be the right model…

Jeff, I was following up with Keith, did you read his post? CJ