Bullnose Forums

Gas door bumpers

Gary, I ordered part #41-1597 80-86 Ford gas door bumper, fit on body from LMC. The hole in the truck is 5/16 and the part is 3/16. Called LMC, explained problem, they shipped me the same wrong part. Called LMC, explained problem, long story short, “Thats what is in the warehouse and no one has ever had a problem”.That’s the second time with LMC, only one to go. Did I read some where you know a guy named Keith ?, who is helping sort out problems at LMC. Maybe he could help out. They have got to be mislabeled. The old ones came out in pieces and I’m using pocket knife to open door. This small stuff is a pain. Thanks Charles

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His name is Keith Dickson and he's "Mr Ford" at LMC. He's a member on here so I've tagged him. Hope he sees it 'cause that's a pain and it makes people not want to order anything else from the vendor.

The MPC shows that the bumper is PN # 354860, as shown below. And below that is the page from the Standard & Utility Parts catalog which shows the dimensions. Auvco part number for that is 4248, as shown at the bottom, and you can get 25 of them for $13.50 at Amazon. :nabble_smiley_wink:

fuel-filler-illustration.thumb.jpg.b9e12a0557783b331d5793fd6fcc946e.jpg

Rubber_Bumper.jpg.8f8a9d26804ce6d02e4feb50c53110fd.jpg

Rubber_Bumper.jpg.8f8a9d26804ce6d02e4feb50c53110fd.jpg

Auveco_Rubber_Bumper.thumb.jpg.3ad952361c51feb774dde1b9ecc7c61e.jpg

His name is Keith Dickson and he's "Mr Ford" at LMC. He's a member on here so I've tagged him. Hope he sees it 'cause that's a pain and it makes people not want to order anything else from the vendor.

The MPC shows that the bumper is PN # 354860, as shown below. And below that is the page from the Standard & Utility Parts catalog which shows the dimensions. Auvco part number for that is 4248, as shown at the bottom, and you can get 25 of them for $13.50 at Amazon. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks Gary, mine appear to be more gumdrop shape than 4248. The photo below 4248 looks closer to mine. Mr. Dickson needs to introduce himself to customer care, no one there knows him. It seems problems at LMC go deeper than just parts.

Thanks Gary, mine appear to be more gumdrop shape than 4248. The photo below 4248 looks closer to mine. Mr. Dickson needs to introduce himself to customer care, no one there knows him. It seems problems at LMC go deeper than just parts.

The one below is Auveco 4258, but Amazon doesn't appear to have it. Maybe you can find it?

Auveco_4258.thumb.jpg.052f66f38945ee6147a9cc86d1d7fa66.jpg

The one below is Auveco 4258, but Amazon doesn't appear to have it. Maybe you can find it?

There are three bumpers for the fuel doors.

CC-6 = Fits the gas door hinge inside where you cannot see it. Keeps the door from clanging when opening the door. 1 Required.

CC-22-A = Fits on the body of the plastic where the gas door rides when it's closed. 2 required.

Sounds like someone somewhere confused the two different ones, perhaps? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

EDIT:

I found # CC-22-A = AKA: # 378359-S at Dennis Carpenter for $1.95 each. The problem I see though is in their picture diagram it shows where it fits and that fitment location is where CC-6 fits instead.

378359-S

I found # CC-6 = AKA: # 354860-S at numerous places including still available at Ford and at Dennis Carpenter.

354860-S

--------------------

So somewhere, somehow the two bumpers got confused and switched places I'm thinking, but who is wrong, the vendors or the Master Parts catalog? :nabble_anim_confused:

There are three bumpers for the fuel doors.

CC-6 = Fits the gas door hinge inside where you cannot see it. Keeps the door from clanging when opening the door. 1 Required.

CC-22-A = Fits on the body of the plastic where the gas door rides when it's closed. 2 required.

Sounds like someone somewhere confused the two different ones, perhaps? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

EDIT:

I found # CC-22-A = AKA: # 378359-S at Dennis Carpenter for $1.95 each. The problem I see though is in their picture diagram it shows where it fits and that fitment location is where CC-6 fits instead.

378359-S

I found # CC-6 = AKA: # 354860-S at numerous places including still available at Ford and at Dennis Carpenter.

354860-S

--------------------

So somewhere, somehow the two bumpers got confused and switched places I'm thinking, but who is wrong, the vendors or the Master Parts catalog? :nabble_anim_confused:

I agree and thank you but how do we get part suppliers to clear this up so members don’t have a big problem with a small item? Maybe Gary can get Keith to shed light on this? Thanks again, Charles

I agree and thank you but how do we get part suppliers to clear this up so members don’t have a big problem with a small item? Maybe Gary can get Keith to shed light on this? Thanks again, Charles

Charles: I apologize for the incorrect part, this is the first I've heard about it. I can definitely look into it for you. Give me a couple days to go down this rabbit hole and I'll let you know what I find out. :nabble_smiley_tongue:

Gary, my preferred source on these is clipsandfasteners.com, here is the part:

https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/searchresults.asp?searching=Y&sort=7&search=4258%20&show=45&page=1

That is not the correct part either. The hole dimensions are the same, but the other dimensions are off.

The part numbers also don't match up to the MPC.

---------------------------

I did a little more research, and this is definitely the one he needs:

Fit on body:

Ford Part#: CC-22-A = 378359-S : 5/16" diameter hole Fits: 1980-1996 F-100/F-350/U-150: 1997 F250HD/F-350 - 1980-1986 Requires Two per door. 1987-1996/7 Requires One per door.

NPD has it here: And it's listed correctly on their page.

378359-S

------------------------------------

Fit on Door Hinge:

Ford Part#: CC-6 = 354860-S : Fits: Numerous Ford vehicles on up to 2019. Still available through Ford. 1980-1986 fits on fuel door hinge.

NPD has it here:

354860-S

------------------------------------

I checked LMC and they have both available as well. And their website page seems correct.

LMC #41-1597 should equal Ford # 378359-S,

I'm wondering now if the wrong part was labeled with the correct LMC number? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

And if that's the case, where does LMC get their stock from, and how many vendors does this potentially effect? :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Charles: I apologize for the incorrect part, this is the first I've heard about it. I can definitely look into it for you. Give me a couple days to go down this rabbit hole and I'll let you know what I find out. :nabble_smiley_tongue:

Thanks a million Keith, didn’t mean to stir the pot, well maybe a little, I suggested to the supplier that the parts could be mislabeled but got nowhere, my 70 years experience from A models to Helicopter's, no good there. Nuff Said, look forward to information you get. Again Thanks, Charles