Bullnose Forums

460 4-speed Manual Bellhousing

Nice! And expensive.

Sadly it's the going rate for them. Every time I see one on Ebay, they're always for sale at $350-$500 not including shipping.

I wonder if the layer of paint on this one will help keep it from cracking. :nabble_anim_confused:

Nice! And expensive.

Sadly it's the going rate for them. Every time I see one on Ebay, they're always for sale at $350-$500 not including shipping.

I wonder if the layer of paint on this one will help keep it from cracking. :nabble_anim_confused:

Maybe it if it is epoxy paint? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Nice! And expensive.

Wait, do the 89 bell housings go for this much? I have a parts truck in the yard with it just sitting there.

Wait, do the 89 bell housings go for this much? I have a parts truck in the yard with it just sitting there.

If it is a 460 4-speed manual bellhousing it does. But I don't think they were still using the T18, T19, or NP435 in 89. Hadn't they gone to the ZF5 by then?

If it is a 460 4-speed manual bellhousing it does. But I don't think they were still using the T18, T19, or NP435 in 89. Hadn't they gone to the ZF5 by then?

I will have to check the door code, I don't know much about that truck other than im going to pirate the bed from it.

I will have to check the door code, I don't know much about that truck other than im going to pirate the bed from it.

1987 should have been the last year for the T19 4-speed and removable bellhousing. 1988 was when Ford switched to 5-speed OD's on their trucks.

A 1989 should have a ZF5, which has an integral bellhousing that cannot be removed. The transmission itself is still expensive though, so you may be able to make at least $600 on the transmission alone depending on whether it's 4x2 or 4x4.