Bullnose Forums

Junkyard Musings and Questions...

Rembrant

The standard box also has two "fins" on the top and bottom of the area where "Hi Output" is on the deluxe heater.

Now you guys have piqued my interest. What is this high output heater of which you speak? I have it in my truck I never noticed it as being unique. Was this an upgrade? If so it sounds like my original owner chose to upgrade heat over selecting air-conditioning. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

And in the Pacific Northwest no less which has mild winters. To each his own I suppose!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you guys have piqued my interest. What is this high output heater of which you speak? I have it in my truck I never noticed it as being unique. Was this an upgrade? If so it sounds like my original owner chose to upgrade heat over selecting air-conditioning. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

And in the Pacific Northwest no less which has mild winters. To each his own I suppose!

My old F150 was from Southern California and was ordered/built brand new without A/C. I highly doubt the heater was ever used in it. lol.

Now you guys have piqued my interest. What is this high output heater of which you speak? I have it in my truck I never noticed it as being unique. Was this an upgrade? If so it sounds like my original owner chose to upgrade heat over selecting air-conditioning. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

The heater core options are shown below.

18476-header_orig.thumb.jpg.d5594634ab0e89d1b578c9069eece245.jpg

18476-1_orig.thumb.jpg.cbc294e53d04a20bcf4009ecac465c85.jpg

Speak for yourself! :nabble_smiley_happy: Not here in the high desert.

Now you guys have piqued my interest. What is this high output heater of which you speak? I have it in my truck I never noticed it as being unique. Was this an upgrade?

I guess it would be considered an upgrade, yes. It's just a slightly different heater housing to accept a slightly wider heater core. If you see above, it's 7.5" wide instead of the standard 6" heater core. My 1984 just has the standard heater.

• 2 weeks later...

Now you guys have piqued my interest. What is this high output heater of which you speak? I have it in my truck I never noticed it as being unique. Was this an upgrade?

I guess it would be considered an upgrade, yes. It's just a slightly different heater housing to accept a slightly wider heater core. If you see above, it's 7.5" wide instead of the standard 6" heater core. My 1984 just has the standard heater.

A guy told me last week about a junkyard not all that far away that I had not visited, so I dropped by today and found this old relic below. I know Reamer has mentioned it before, but there sure are a lot of old Flaresides rotting in the woods around here...

IMG_8645.jpg.2f706a91a21043d0571b3be4ac230d9b.jpg

IMG_8656.jpg.17e0769a831e1fbd440d27c63ce24402.jpg

Not much there worthy of the time to pull it. Tailgate might be salvageable, not sure. The rest of the steel is rotten. 300/6 is still intact...and it does have one of those carb spacers Jon was looking for. I'll drop back by one day and grab it. I only had time to look around today.

• 2 months later...

A guy told me last week about a junkyard not all that far away that I had not visited, so I dropped by today and found this old relic below. I know Reamer has mentioned it before, but there sure are a lot of old Flaresides rotting in the woods around here...

Not much there worthy of the time to pull it. Tailgate might be salvageable, not sure. The rest of the steel is rotten. 300/6 is still intact...and it does have one of those carb spacers Jon was looking for. I'll drop back by one day and grab it. I only had time to look around today.

Walked by another old relic at the junkyard today. Not a truck mind you, but I'm always lifting the hoods of other old Fords looking for random SBF stuff. This one a 1991 Crown Vic with 5.0 EFI. Nothing there for me really, but the factory serpentine belt system caught my eye. The water pump is running in the CW rotation (unlike the same engine in a truck at the time). Alternator and AC pump are on opposite sides from a truck too. It would work, but not really worth the trouble imho.

IMG_9249.jpg.a8ae0f8d2e7675a00b1e4c5b6706a432.jpg

Walked by another old relic at the junkyard today. Not a truck mind you, but I'm always lifting the hoods of other old Fords looking for random SBF stuff. This one a 1991 Crown Vic with 5.0 EFI. Nothing there for me really, but the factory serpentine belt system caught my eye. The water pump is running in the CW rotation (unlike the same engine in a truck at the time). Alternator and AC pump are on opposite sides from a truck too. It would work, but not really worth the trouble imho.

We had a 1990 Town Car, same setup, looks familiar.

Did not realize that there were 5.0L water pumps on serpentine systems that rotate both CCW and CW. Confusing.