Bullnose Forums

Junkyard Musings and Questions...

Rembrant

Congrat's! That's an easy, but very worthwhile upgrade. I was driving Big Blue thinking "I wish it had delay wipers" and then tried turning the knob counterclockwise. Sure enough. :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary,

It's one of those things I wanted, but wasn't willing to pay Ebay prices...not yet at least. I see them listed for anywhere between $45-$65 USD, plus another $25-$30 USD shipping, and by the time it would get to me, converted to CDN dollars, it could end up costing me $135 bucks or more, and I just didn't want it bad enough to pay that much.

A guy posted on the local Ford truck page on FB that he was parting out a 1990 Lariat F250, so I ended up getting the switch/module for a much better price.

Anyway...small victory! By the time I get this delay switch installed, a stereo, and cruise control, my old 84 will be downright luxurious (in comparison to it's original optionless condition)...lol.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

It's one of those things I wanted, but wasn't willing to pay Ebay prices...not yet at least. I see them listed for anywhere between $45-$65 USD, plus another $25-$30 USD shipping, and by the time it would get to me, converted to CDN dollars, it could end up costing me $135 bucks or more, and I just didn't want it bad enough to pay that much.

A guy posted on the local Ford truck page on FB that he was parting out a 1990 Lariat F250, so I ended up getting the switch/module for a much better price.

Anyway...small victory! By the time I get this delay switch installed, a stereo, and cruise control, my old 84 will be downright luxurious (in comparison to it's original optionless condition)...lol.

Delay wipers is one of the upgrades that I will be seriously pursuing once I get my sloppy steering fixed and a new heater core installed. I have a new passenger inner tie rod, just waiting on some slightly warmer weather since all my work is done in the driveway. At least it's paved.

Delay wipers is one of the upgrades that I will be seriously pursuing once I get my sloppy steering fixed and a new heater core installed. I have a new passenger inner tie rod, just waiting on some slightly warmer weather since all my work is done in the driveway. At least it's paved.

I won't be driving mine in the rain very often, but I did get caught in it a couple times last year, and delay wipers would have been a welcome addition. I was just waiting for the right deal to come along! Good luck in your search.

I won't be driving mine in the rain very often, but I did get caught in it a couple times last year, and delay wipers would have been a welcome addition. I was just waiting for the right deal to come along! Good luck in your search.

I think I still have a few setups in my junkpile. I'd love to get rid of them for ~$30ea plus shipping (your choice - actual cost or a prepaid label).

https://supermotors.net/getfile/71684/thumbnail/wipers.jpg

E-mail me, and I'll try to dig them up.

• 5 months later...

So, this old relic showed up at the junkyard! I check every couple weeks, and there are NEVER any Bullnoses there. I'd say by the look of her that she had a rough trip to the junkyard...lol. Frame is rusted and broken in a couple different places.

IMG_8491.jpg.e9a7b1dfc6dfb164cbda5fac51eeab70.jpg

IMG_8485.jpg.3cc993954846c0e561252bc0568ed09f.jpg

Nice drivers side armrest attachments...

IMG_8486.jpg.672b428fa5f2bf5c42b666d685a8541f.jpg

And a Hi Output heater...something I've never seen before in the flesh.

IMG_8492.jpg.e5200881701c088493fca9e90c239d0e.jpg

Truck is an '83 2wd, and is mostly intact. 300/6 with a C6 and 3.50 gears. I was initially interested in the interior parts...this old girl has (had) a headliner and all the plastic trim that goes with it. Not sure if it's all worth the trouble to remove though....anybody know if all of that trim will attach in a plain cab like mine?

Another interesting note...I noticed this '83 truck has a 5 digit odometer, and my '84 has a 6 digit odometer. I thought that they were always 6 in Canada, but I guess not.

In any case, I grabbed the black weave bezels, horn pad and steering column trim pieces. Also grabbed the radio mounting plate and the washer/coolant reservoir and bracket. Not much else there for me unfortunately.

So, this old relic showed up at the junkyard! I check every couple weeks, and there are NEVER any Bullnoses there. I'd say by the look of her that she had a rough trip to the junkyard...lol. Frame is rusted and broken in a couple different places.

Nice drivers side armrest attachments...

And a Hi Output heater...something I've never seen before in the flesh.

Truck is an '83 2wd, and is mostly intact. 300/6 with a C6 and 3.50 gears. I was initially interested in the interior parts...this old girl has (had) a headliner and all the plastic trim that goes with it. Not sure if it's all worth the trouble to remove though....anybody know if all of that trim will attach in a plain cab like mine?

Another interesting note...I noticed this '83 truck has a 5 digit odometer, and my '84 has a 6 digit odometer. I thought that they were always 6 in Canada, but I guess not.

In any case, I grabbed the black weave bezels, horn pad and steering column trim pieces. Also grabbed the radio mounting plate and the washer/coolant reservoir and bracket. Not much else there for me unfortunately.

That thing is used up!

But I think the trim will fit yours.

So that's what a High Output heater looks like!?

Dunno 'bout the odometer.

Black weave? That looks really faded. More like gray. But maybe it is just the pic? It really should be black as the gray came in '84.

That thing is used up!

Black weave? That looks really faded. More like gray. But maybe it is just the pic? It really should be black as the gray came in '84.

I'm not sure that I even knew there was a Hi Output heater option, but it seems vaguely familiar. When I go looking on RockAuto, there are two heater cores...one for standard and one for Hi Output. The Hi Output one is about 50% wider I guess? I can't imagine needing this option on a regular cab truck...maybe on a Bronco or a crew cab?

It is the black weave Gary...it's just the way the picture looks between the dust and the sunlight. They're in reasonably good condition too, except that somebody drilled a hole next to the wiper knob to install a manual choke knob. Oh well, they were cheap and I will use them for some testing. I have some aftermarket vents in mind I might try IF I get to the point of installing AC.

I do have an 85-86 grey weave radio bezel that I was going to use, but I was also thinking about installing one of those modern (but old looking) radios with the knobs, IF I could find a grey weave 1984 radio bezel (Specific to only 1984, so not easy to come across an undamaged one 35 years later...).

That thing is used up!

I'm not sure that I even knew there was a Hi Output heater option, but it seems vaguely familiar. When I go looking on RockAuto, there are two heater cores...one for standard and one for Hi Output. The Hi Output one is about 50% wider I guess? I can't imagine needing this option on a regular cab truck...maybe on a Bronco or a crew cab?

It is the black weave Gary...it's just the way the picture looks between the dust and the sunlight. They're in reasonably good condition too, except that somebody drilled a hole next to the wiper knob to install a manual choke knob. Oh well, they were cheap and I will use them for some testing. I have some aftermarket vents in mind I might try IF I get to the point of installing AC.

I do have an 85-86 grey weave radio bezel that I was going to use, but I was also thinking about installing one of those modern (but old looking) radios with the knobs, IF I could find a grey weave 1984 radio bezel (Specific to only 1984, so not easy to come across an undamaged one 35 years later...).

I can't find any heater boxes locally. :nabble_smiley_sad:

But I've seen quite a few Hi Ouput heaters in these trucks. Nobody notices them because the only way you can really tell is the lettering on the box itself, and if you're really observant the box is a little different as well.

Nobody notices them because the only way you can really tell is the lettering on the box itself, and if you're really observant the box is a little different as well.

Yeah, where the "Hi Output" lettering is, that part of the box sticks out about 2" farther than the standard box.

Nobody notices them because the only way you can really tell is the lettering on the box itself, and if you're really observant the box is a little different as well.

Yeah, where the "Hi Output" lettering is, that part of the box sticks out about 2" farther than the standard box.

The standard box also has two "fins" on the top and bottom of the area where "Hi Output" is on the deluxe heater.