Bullnose Forums

Dif seal on F350 IFS

seal_1.jpg.59ef33e7c2bb3b99f9c7602ed8edee35.jpgseal.jpg.525298bd008110f13d80a61e40e6e2d5.jpg

I was doing ball joints and thought I would change out the drivers side dif seal. On an independent front suspension it comes out from the wheel side, quite a challange to get out. It was the original and had been leaking around the axle for 100ish years. I included the pictures if the upload worked. Napa has the seal, others looked at me like I was an alien when I asked for it. One picture shows the new and old seal after, the other shows the axle housing after I removed 25 pounds of old grease with impregnated gravel, dirt, leaves and mouse crap.

That's 3254 in the illustration - right?

Yep, that's the little bugger. Actually was not bad, just alot of clean up to get into it and then it tapped right in. Very carefully with a 2X4 I tapped it in, not how I prefer to start seals, but the only way to get in that tight spot.

Yep, that's the little bugger. Actually was not bad, just alot of clean up to get into it and then it tapped right in. Very carefully with a 2X4 I tapped it in, not how I prefer to start seals, but the only way to get in that tight spot.

Thanks. :nabble_smiley_good: