Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 door locks

How do I remove it?

I've got your address Taden, to remove your post click "more" in the upper right corner of your post field. A set of drop down links will appear including the option to "delete post". I will send you a message by email so that we can continue contact that way. 🙂

Well done, Taden. I see that your post is still there asking about how to pay, but that your address is now gone. 👍 And Jonathan is emailing you so you can discuss the method of payment in a private environment.

Bottom line, you don’t want your personal info available to literally everyone in the world.

Well done, Taden. I see that your post is still there asking about how to pay, but that your address is now gone. 👍 And Jonathan is emailing you so you can discuss the method of payment in a private environment.Bottom line, you don’t want your personal info available to literally everyone in the world.
Yes sir! Thanks so much for you help wouldn’t have been able to do it without you guys!

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 2:07 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I’m not doing much, Jonathan is doing all the heavy lifting. But don’t consider it done just yet. My guess is that you’ll have a few questions when you get the parts and start putting them together. And we will be here to answer them. 😉
Okay sweet!

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 7:27 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Taden, I sent you an email asking which parts you would like sent, since I now have everything out. I have the complete set of latch, rods, and key cylinders for both doors. However, I looked back over your pictures and made the following observations having just now dealt with the parts and familiarized myself with what I am looking at inside your doors:

On your passenger side, it looks like you have the latch mechanism with all four rods attached. The only thing you need on that side is the key cylinder and a 21952 clip to attach the rod to the cylinder.

On your driver side door it looks like you have the latch mechanism with the two door latch rods in place, but you are missing the slide lock rod, the rod to the key cylinder, and the cylinder + 21952 clip.

So my question to the group... I'm thinking that Taden will probably just need the two driver side lock rods, key cylinders and 21952 clips. However the long slide lock rod goes through the plastic clip/bushing 219A3B. Mine are a little worse for wear but intact enough to work. I don't think they could be removed and re-used. Is this something you can get in the Help! section at a car parts store? Should I mail him the whole mess just in case? It would definitely be easier for him just to add the two missing rods to what he has vs taking out the whole assembly.

IMG_5663.thumb.jpg.14bc749e5e11b60c2f5cc04f4e373123.jpg

Taden, I sent you an email asking which parts you would like sent, since I now have everything out. I have the complete set of latch, rods, and key cylinders for both doors. However, I looked back over your pictures and made the following observations having just now dealt with the parts and familiarized myself with what I am looking at inside your doors:

On your passenger side, it looks like you have the latch mechanism with all four rods attached. The only thing you need on that side is the key cylinder and a 21952 clip to attach the rod to the cylinder.

On your driver side door it looks like you have the latch mechanism with the two door latch rods in place, but you are missing the slide lock rod, the rod to the key cylinder, and the cylinder + 21952 clip.

So my question to the group... I'm thinking that Taden will probably just need the two driver side lock rods, key cylinders and 21952 clips. However the long slide lock rod goes through the plastic clip/bushing 219A3B. Mine are a little worse for wear but intact enough to work. I don't think they could be removed and re-used. Is this something you can get in the Help! section at a car parts store? Should I mail him the whole mess just in case? It would definitely be easier for him just to add the two missing rods to what he has vs taking out the whole assembly.

I haven’t tried to buy 219A38, but it is something I would expect to be available in the Help section. But NPD has them for $.83: https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_bushing_door_latch_rod_11_64_inch-166188-6298.html. But, I haven’t found it at O’Reilly’s online nor on Dorman’s site, at least not individually, so I think it would be safer to ship the whole set. But that raises the question of cost of shipping, so ask Taden.

I haven’t tried to buy 219A38, but it is something I would expect to be available in the Help section. But NPD has them for $.83: https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_bushing_door_latch_rod_11_64_inch-166188-6298.html. But, I haven’t found it at O’Reilly’s online nor on Dorman’s site, at least not individually, so I think it would be safer to ship the whole set. But that raises the question of cost of shipping, so ask Taden.
Anything works. I just want to get locks on my doors

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 5:52 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: