Bullnose Forums

1981 Ford F100 door locks

So I found out what I have in my trucks doors. One side I have the slider and the bar that goes with it. The other one is completely empty. But both the doors have the device that all the bars attach to

Taden - You are going to have to be more specific. Saying "the device that all the bars attach to" doesn't tell us much. Presumably you mean 21812. But, if so you need to say that.

We need you to tell us exactly what you need. I'll post the picture below, but am also uploading the picture as Door_Lock_Illustration.thumb.jpg.46ea031f8b3b92c9fa419d6c47318db3.jpg. If you will download that, open it with Paint, and circle the part #'s that you need, and then post the picture here we will know. Or, if you just list all the parts you need we will know. But some way we need to know the part #'s you need.

Door_Lock_Illustration.thumb.jpg.46ea031f8b3b92c9fa419d6c47318db3.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taden - You are going to have to be more specific. Saying "the device that all the bars attach to" doesn't tell us much. Presumably you mean 21812. But, if so you need to say that.We need you to tell us exactly what you need. I'll post the picture below, but am also uploading the picture as Door_Lock_Illustration.jpg. If you will download that, open it with Paint, and circle the part #'s that you need, and then post the picture here we will know. Or, if you just list all the parts you need we will know. But some way we need to know the part #'s you need.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 5:51 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Yes I have 21812 but I need 21852 and 431A36

That helps a LOT. Because you don't need those items if you have the slide locks, meaning 22168 & 21852.

That illustration is for both the 1980 & 81 trucks with the slide locks, and the 1982 to 86 trucks with the pin locks. But you don't use both. So if you have slide locks you don't use pin locks and vice versa.

Yes I have 21812 but I need 21852 and 431A36
That helps a LOT. Because you don't need those items if you have the slide locks, meaning 22168 & 21852.That illustration is for both the 1980 & 81 trucks with the slide locks, and the 1982 to 86 trucks with the pin locks. But you don't use both. So if you have slide locks you don't use pin locks and vice versa.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 6:09 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Taden - I thought when you said "I need 21852 and 431A36" that was all you needed. I don't want to go back through all the other posts to figure out what you need as I might miss something, so can you give us a complete list of what you need, meaning the generic part #'s?

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 6:13 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Perfect. Jonathan/Ford F834 may have the parts or I may have the parts. He will be at my house this weekend and we can figure out who has what and then see how best to get them to you if we have them. Or, there's a swap meet here this weekend and we may find them there.
Sounds good.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 6:19 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: