Bullnose Forums

Introduction

• 1 month later...

Welcome!

Had the truck back for about 11 days after getting the carb, intake, timing and Cam installed as well as the exhaust and headers finished so I redid the interior and the lights. It’s back in the shop getting the tires put on. A bit rushed on the painting due to hurricane Hillary bringing rain and getting it complete so it can go back to the shop for final tuning but happy with the results. First outing this next weekend. Looking to take it to a spring shop for suspension next and then work on the exterior. Time and money…🤷‍♂️

IMG_3331.jpeg.fae7dfaba7e564ad90404eaef7fca380.jpegIMG_3338.jpeg.e55ccd514084f52019d9ee64f3e56753.jpegIMG_3328.jpeg.4044935df29dba0067efc8693e357299.jpeg

Progress! :nabble_smiley_super:

Glad you like the results, but I'm looking forward to the trip report after you can take it for a nice, long, shakedown run. :nabble_smiley_good:

Ok, questions. The truck runs good and sounds good around town and on flat ground but it should climb a tree and it is far from that ability. It has no power to climb off road or even spin the tires… no burn outs lol. Is this possibly a torque converter issue or transmission issue? There is just no power to the wheels. It basically stalls out when trying to climb or do the slightest burn out.

I can’t take it up the mountain until this is fixed and it appears the mechanic doesn’t understand “I want it to pull down a house and roast the tires if I want it to”

Thank you for any direction

Ok, questions. The truck runs good and sounds good around town and on flat ground but it should climb a tree and it is far from that ability. It has no power to climb off road or even spin the tires… no burn outs lol. Is this possibly a torque converter issue or transmission issue? There is just no power to the wheels. It basically stalls out when trying to climb or do the slightest burn out.

I can’t take it up the mountain until this is fixed and it appears the mechanic doesn’t understand “I want it to pull down a house and roast the tires if I want it to”

Thank you for any direction

We need to know a lot more about your truck, and going back to re-read all the posts isn't likely to happen for those wanting to help. So you really need to have a signature that spells it out. You can see how to do that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.

You ask if it might be a torque converter issue so I assume you have a C6, but assuming isn't good when offering advice. In any event, there's very little to go wrong in a torque converter for a C6 as nothing changes pitch and there is no clutch, so it is unlikely to be that.

What gears do you have in the differentials? And what size tires do you have on it? If you installed 35's and have 3.55 gears you are probably over geared.

Have you checked to see that the throttle is opening fully? It is pretty easy to only get part throttle, especially with an aftermarket intake and carb.

And what ignition timing do you have dialed in? You should be somewhere around 10 to 14 degrees BTDC for initial and into the 30's all in.

Last, what cam do you have?