Bullnose Forums

Fender Flares For Big Blue?

Gary I added bushwacker flares to lil green when I did the engine swap, mostly to cut out the rot but it also let me run 37" humvee surplus tires with stock suspension.

Now on 35's they look a little small, but drive substantially better.

Thanks. They are the Cut-Out flares and do look good on your truck. However I don't want to cut my fenders so am planning to go with the Extend-A-Fender ones. Don't think they provide as much protection but they do provide some and don't require any cutting.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. They are the Cut-Out flares and do look good on your truck. However I don't want to cut my fenders so am planning to go with the Extend-A-Fender ones. Don't think they provide as much protection but they do provide some and don't require any cutting.

Yup those will help with the mud slinging, and if your panels are in good shape I'd resist cutting them. As you can tell none of mine were lol. Inherited the truck from my one eyed grandfather who swore trees always jumped out at him. I think on fender was straight when I got it. Probably doing a flatbed at some point when I'm not in an apartment with a garage it won't fit in.

Yup those will help with the mud slinging, and if your panels are in good shape I'd resist cutting them. As you can tell none of mine were lol. Inherited the truck from my one eyed grandfather who swore trees always jumped out at him. I think on fender was straight when I got it. Probably doing a flatbed at some point when I'm not in an apartment with a garage it won't fit in.

Someone has a birthday coming up on June 8th (:nabble_smiley_wink:) and fender flares are on the shopping list. The screenshot below is from a tab on my browser and I'm just waiting until the delivery date is when we'll be home but before the 8th.

Still taking comments or suggestions, but the Bushwacker Extend-A-Fender units appear to be the best there are for our trucks from what I can see. Anyone have a better idea?

Bushwacker_Extend-A-Fender_Delivery_Dates.thumb.jpg.2053aa49869d9289c82e76d36bef87cf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Someone has a birthday coming up on June 8th (:nabble_smiley_wink:) and fender flares are on the shopping list. The screenshot below is from a tab on my browser and I'm just waiting until the delivery date is when we'll be home but before the 8th.

Still taking comments or suggestions, but the Bushwacker Extend-A-Fender units appear to be the best there are for our trucks from what I can see. Anyone have a better idea?

Got the fender flares installed today. Here are some pics of before and after:

LR_From_Low.jpg.9e8c1d2bee876791365a5407d19f1f47.jpgLR_From_Low_with_Fender_Flares.jpg.fc55a482fda3cfc98b4d70692343516e.jpg

RR_From_Low.jpg.79c7a2aa8f04dbf67b2627fb6b9ada0c.jpgRR_From_Low_with_Fender_Flares.jpg.83c91056cfa14bedfd0ac59c43d7894c.jpg

RF_From_Low.jpg.1f0c68eff9fb144d532fa4c5e68764a3.jpgRF_From_Low_with_Fender_Flares.jpg.e43eba606ba9b16ad5861cf5b2b9c906.jpg

LF_From_Low.jpg.dab4eda6f4d8d3400387d1287dca73b4.jpgLF_From_Low_with_Fender_Flares.jpg.dd5554a26b514ccb05289b37d2d27ce2.jpg

Got the fender flares installed today. Here are some pics of before and after:

:nabble_waving_orig:Happy birthday Gary!

I’m not typically a big fan of fender flare aesthetics, but those look nice. I have experienced the “raining clumps of mud” phenomenon and I agree that the cleanup isn’t fun. Hopefully this will keep most of the cleanup on the underside 😅

Big Blue is kitted out and looks sharp!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks, guys! I like them. My thoughts when looking at the pictures were that without the flares looks "cleaner", but with the flares it looks "finished". In fact, later when I asked Janey what she thought she said "It looks finished."

Thanks, guys! I like them. My thoughts when looking at the pictures were that without the flares looks "cleaner", but with the flares it looks "finished". In fact, later when I asked Janey what she thought she said "It looks finished."

I agree that BB looks finished.

But we all know he will never be.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

I agree that BB looks finished.

But we all know he will never be.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

You are right, BB is unlikely to be finished in the near term, if ever. On Sunday I talked with Welder Scott about the rear bumper/spare tire carrier and he said he'll dust off the parts list and see what he can do. That's a significant as the spare tire takes up about 1/3 of the space in the bed, and it really limited us on the trip to NM.

You are right, BB is unlikely to be finished in the near term, if ever. On Sunday I talked with Welder Scott about the rear bumper/spare tire carrier and he said he'll dust off the parts list and see what he can do. That's a significant as the spare tire takes up about 1/3 of the space in the bed, and it really limited us on the trip to NM.

Those do look really good!