Bullnose Forums

Ratdude's Headed to Texas!

ratdude747

Well... the Memorial Day car show I was going to is now (for me) called off... because I've been invited to go to Fort Worth, Texas for the weekend instead. A cousin who I've never met in person (whose family I haven't seen in nearly 20 years) is graduating High School. Despite this, the family is close to my family; my mom sends them gifts every Christmas and the mom in the family (My 1st Cousin Amanda) was partially raised by my mom (as her actual mom, my mom's sister, was stationed away in Germany with her husband at the time). In addition, she was around when I was born back in 1992... and among other things saved me from getting strangled in a car seat by my dad!:nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Anyway, of course I'm taking my Bullnose... this should add Arkansas and Texas to the map. Yee haw!

Well, this may have been premature. Work may not approve the time off due to both my bosses being out all week.

The one way it might work out (if my immediate boss can clear it with his wife-o-matic) is I head out Friday over one day instead of Thursday-Friday over two days. 13.5 hours of driving... :nabble_smiley_scared:. Said boss is driving home Friday morning and could potentially be on call that afternoon. If not, this trip is a bust and I just jinxed myself. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, if it's the only way it will work, I will make it work. Might as well do crazy things while I'm young and dumb?

Might as well do crazy things while I'm young and dumb?

40 years ago, Quebec City to Key Largo FL, 1840 miles, 23 hours non stop, Renault 5, two drivers (my girl friend and me).

We're still together.

Being young is the right time to do this kind of "crazy" trip!

:nabble_smiley_cool:

Might as well do crazy things while I'm young and dumb?

40 years ago, Quebec City to Key Largo FL, 1840 miles, 23 hours non stop, Renault 5, two drivers (my girl friend and me).

We're still together.

Being young is the right time to do this kind of "crazy" trip!

:nabble_smiley_cool:

Does your wife know you and your girlfriend are still together?! :nabble_smiley_oh:

Ba_Dum_Tssh.jpg.747bae967f904431e42d88b635f57bfe.jpg

Well, this may have been premature. Work may not approve the time off due to both my bosses being out all week.

The one way it might work out (if my immediate boss can clear it with his wife-o-matic) is I head out Friday over one day instead of Thursday-Friday over two days. 13.5 hours of driving... :nabble_smiley_scared:. Said boss is driving home Friday morning and could potentially be on call that afternoon. If not, this trip is a bust and I just jinxed myself. :nabble_smiley_cry:

But, if it's the only way it will work, I will make it work. Might as well do crazy things while I'm young and dumb?

A lot of ado about nothing.

Turns out one of the bosses fat fingered his vacation... he's taking the week of Memorial day off, not the week before. So the original plan is back!

Also, I miscalculated my vacation time at work... so I had one more day that I actually thought. More reason to keep the original schedule.

Yee haw!

A lot of ado about nothing.

Turns out one of the bosses fat fingered his vacation... he's taking the week of Memorial day off, not the week before. So the original plan is back!

Also, I miscalculated my vacation time at work... so I had one more day that I actually thought. More reason to keep the original schedule.

Yee haw!

I'm glad you are happy. :nabble_smiley_wink: