Bullnose Forums

1/2" lugs transplant into a 9/16" HD hub/rotor assembly??

Good evening Bullnosers,

Got a quick question for all you good folk.. - You may have already guessed it from the title!!

Does anybody know whether 1/2" lug nuts will sit safely in a HD hub/rotor assembly? (in place of the 9/16th lugs that came with it).

Muggins here has just had a couple of HD 9/16th units flown over the atlantic at vast expense...:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

only realised my mistake once I'd installed them and went to put the lug nuts on :nabble_anim_claps:

Thank you!!!

I don't think that is going to work. Looking at the chart below the non-HD F250's, meaning under 8500 GVW, have 1/2" and the HD F250's have 9/16"

Looking at the parts lists, the non-HD F250 2wd's take list #3 and the 2wd HD F250's take #14. And in those parts lists they take different hubs/rotors. So I'm betting that the HD hubs won't take 1/2" lugs. And I don't think it would be safe if they did.

Sorry!

Lug_Nut_Sizes.thumb.jpg.a31c4764201bab9d0ef55fcb72524f15.jpg

I don't think that is going to work. Looking at the chart below the non-HD F250's, meaning under 8500 GVW, have 1/2" and the HD F250's have 9/16"

Looking at the parts lists, the non-HD F250 2wd's take list #3 and the 2wd HD F250's take #14. And in those parts lists they take different hubs/rotors. So I'm betting that the HD hubs won't take 1/2" lugs. And I don't think it would be safe if they did.

Sorry!

Thank you Gary..

(for confirming my worst fears!):nabble_smiley_happy:

anyone in England after a set of HD rotors gimme a shout!