Bullnose Forums

Ferdinand - '85 Bronco 351W XLT "Phoenix" rebuild project...

Ferdinand

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You found it? Cool! :nabble_smiley_good:

And, 'cause you asked and I didn't already have the info on the website, I've upgraded the Driveline/Transfer Case page to include the NP208 drawing and parts lists. See what you think?

Wow! That is nice to have available! Thanks Gary!

Welcome. Seems like a nice package. Almost everything you could want about the NP208.

You found it? Cool! :nabble_smiley_good:

And, 'cause you asked and I didn't already have the info on the website, I've upgraded the Driveline/Transfer Case page to include the NP208 drawing and parts lists. See what you think?

Very nice compilation of info on the NP208! I found the spring on eBay.

Thanks Gary for loading that info. It makes it so much more convenient to look stuff up from my phone when I am at the parts store and trying to explain things (especially if I haven't taken the part off to take it in and show them!)

Plus I am sure it will come in handy when reassembly calls! 🙃

Very nice compilation of info on the NP208! I found the spring on eBay.

Thanks Gary for loading that info. It makes it so much more convenient to look stuff up from my phone when I am at the parts store and trying to explain things (especially if I haven't taken the part off to take it in and show them!)

Plus I am sure it will come in handy when reassembly calls! 🙃

I'm glad it works. So I used the NP208 page as a model and upgraded the BW1345 documentation on the Driveline/Transfer Case page. But in the case of the 1345, we have both Ford's rebuild instructions, but also Borg-Warner's repair manual. :nabble_smiley_wink:

SUCCESS!

Thanks again Gary for the part number! I didn't expect it for another week but since it came today, I went ahead and put everything back together. It took 3 tries, but I think it is back together the way it came apart. We will see. Now just have to finish prepping and painting the housings so I can get all this back together!!

I will say though, on the tear down of the T case, I didn't realize how the needle bearings went in or came out and when I pulled the one shaft out they all went everywhere... I put them all back in one by one, (all 120 of them) after cleaning them all but boy what a pain!

**If you are going to take one of these apart, BE CAREFUL and look at the diagrams on the transfer cases that Gary has loaded on this site!

I will say though, on the tear down of the T case, I didn't realize how the needle bearings went in or came out and when I pulled the one shaft out they all went everywhere... I put them all back in one by one, (all 120 of them) after cleaning them all but boy what a pain!

**If you are going to take one of these apart, BE CAREFUL and look at the diagrams on the transfer cases that Gary has loaded on this site!

Congrat's!!! Glad the info helped and that you got the spring quickly.

The t-case looks good. I've not attempted one of those, but I've done manual transmissions so perhaps I could. However, 120 needle bearings does sound like a pain. Glad you found them all.

And the strip magnet is a good idea. Thanks for sharing. :nabble_smiley_good:

Congrat's!!! Glad the info helped and that you got the spring quickly.

The t-case looks good. I've not attempted one of those, but I've done manual transmissions so perhaps I could. However, 120 needle bearings does sound like a pain. Glad you found them all.

And the strip magnet is a good idea. Thanks for sharing. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm thinking if you can manage a transmission, a T-case would be walk in the park!:nabble_smiley_good: