Bullnose Forums

Ferdinand - '85 Bronco 351W XLT "Phoenix" rebuild project...

Ferdinand

Excellent. I think I may just need to adjust the strike bolt then. The door fits quite well in the opening and the hinges feel pretty tight, bushing wise.

One last question for the day and I promise I'll leave you alone 😉

Do you happen to have a parts breakdown of the shifting linkage for the manual NP208 transfer case? I am thinking I need a nylon bushing between where the linkage bolts to the housing but my memory is getting sketchy since it was a month ago when I pulled it out... 🙃

I'll have to browse the catalog, but can't get to it for a bit. However, if I don't get back w/you later today please rattle my cage. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. I think I may just need to adjust the strike bolt then. The door fits quite well in the opening and the hinges feel pretty tight, bushing wise.

One last question for the day and I promise I'll leave you alone 😉

Do you happen to have a parts breakdown of the shifting linkage for the manual NP208 transfer case? I am thinking I need a nylon bushing between where the linkage bolts to the housing but my memory is getting sketchy since it was a month ago when I pulled it out... 🙃

Ok, I think I have what you are looking for: Driveline/Transfer Cases and the Linkage tab. Check it out and let me know if that is what you need.

Tonight's progress:

This product has been awful handy for taming the rust of a northern truck!

Here are a few shots of the body. One under the front seat:

One under the bed area:

I can't even begin to count the hours of trying to tame the rust... And the underbody doesn't even look that great... :nabble_anim_crazy:

Hoping to start filling him up with some fluids to prep for another fire up! Hoping these will help a bit. (At least for the rear end and T-case.

First, no it wasn't there all along. When you asked I looked and realized it was missing, so added it. That's a service I provide members of this forum. And, once it is there it'll be available from no on so everyone, including me, can use it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And the Corroseal looks good. It says it is a primer, but if it is like POR15 it really doesn't need a top coat if it isn't subjected to UV light. So I'm assuming you will use it that way?

On the pumps, I've used the quart one with an extension hose on it in bigger bottles and it works quite well. Its the way to go for filling transmissions, t-cases, and rear diffs. :nabble_smiley_good:

Progress Report.

Wanted to start getting things back together and really hate when these door skins disintegrate in the sun. So, I am going to attempt something I have never done before. Sand down and paint my inner door skins. However, I am not having much luck finding the right color.

Body_Door_DS_Doorskin_teardown.thumb.jpeg.04ae04b2cab0e784a701448415206732.jpeg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_midsand.thumb.jpeg.1d9d7eced598eee0fe69643199c96d1d.jpeg

Interior_Prep__Paint.jpeg.17aa1b5f40ebe2e5e849c6d38f2fa5e7.jpeg

Interior_Paint_1st_Try.thumb.jpeg.cbffe16424603401e6ce208ed43a4673.jpeg

Interior_DS_Kick_Panel_Color_Match.thumb.jpeg.27c3f9039f344af10e673ab101ed6a9b.jpeg

Body_Drivers_inner_door_fabric.thumb.jpeg.ec2d6a49c44a467429d892503db6618d.jpeg

Steamer.thumb.jpeg.456601233f9eca02530f39abff0139f9.jpeg

Transfer_Case_Leak_1.thumb.jpeg.fc4978941e7482ff689236f620717f0e.jpeg

Transfer_Case_Leak_2_copy.jpg.35b2d102b9d9eedf1effb4dec53dda59.jpg

Body_Door_Bushing_DS.thumb.jpeg.8787f987c4e506573c8f53702a04fa54.jpeg

First, no it wasn't there all along. When you asked I looked and realized it was missing, so added it. That's a service I provide members of this forum. And, once it is there it'll be available from no on so everyone, including me, can use it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And the Corroseal looks good. It says it is a primer, but if it is like POR15 it really doesn't need a top coat if it isn't subjected to UV light. So I'm assuming you will use it that way?

On the pumps, I've used the quart one with an extension hose on it in bigger bottles and it works quite well. Its the way to go for filling transmissions, t-cases, and rear diffs. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Gary! I was thinking I missed the T-Case linkage somehow and I didn't browse the site deep enough. (BTW, the breakdown of the grille parts is where I am camping out right now, trying to get all that back together)

The pumps did work really well for the transmission fluid, but not too hot with the Gear Oil. Not sure what happened there? :nabble_anim_confused:

The pictures of the underbelly were after a single coat of gloss black Rustoleum Professional over the cured Corroseal. (I didn't want to mislead anyone there).

I haven't used POR15 yet, but I am thinking I will likely have an excuse to try it before this project is over :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Thanks Gary! I was thinking I missed the T-Case linkage somehow and I didn't browse the site deep enough. (BTW, the breakdown of the grille parts is where I am camping out right now, trying to get all that back together)

The pumps did work really well for the transmission fluid, but not too hot with the Gear Oil. Not sure what happened there? :nabble_anim_confused:

The pictures of the underbelly were after a single coat of gloss black Rustoleum Professional over the cured Corroseal. (I didn't want to mislead anyone there).

I haven't used POR15 yet, but I am thinking I will likely have an excuse to try it before this project is over :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Wow! You had your issues, that's for sure.

On the interior paint, I've used SEM with good luck. I'm not saying it beats the others, but I can say that they will mix the proper colors to match our trucks. And yes, the proper colors have to be mixed for many of our trucks, but the info is here: Specifications/Interior/Interior Paint.

Glad you got the t-case sealed. But the sponge must have been a real bummer. Sorry. :nabble_smiley_cry:

As for working on things today, I usually get a bit done between services, but probably not today. We have a luncheon after services this morning and then services this evening are at a retirement home at 4:00. And in between I have to prepare a lesson and my wife and I have to make 2 or 3 dozen sandwiches. Maybe a nap?

Wow! You had your issues, that's for sure.

On the interior paint, I've used SEM with good luck. I'm not saying it beats the others, but I can say that they will mix the proper colors to match our trucks. And yes, the proper colors have to be mixed for many of our trucks, but the info is here: Specifications/Interior/Interior Paint.

Glad you got the t-case sealed. But the sponge must have been a real bummer. Sorry. :nabble_smiley_cry:

As for working on things today, I usually get a bit done between services, but probably not today. We have a luncheon after services this morning and then services this evening are at a retirement home at 4:00. And in between I have to prepare a lesson and my wife and I have to make 2 or 3 dozen sandwiches. Maybe a nap?

Afternoon Gary.

Good to hear of a brother with an active faith! (Js 2:14-17) 👍🏼

I was browsing to get some info on my interior paint code since my Bronco was manufactured in 09/84 and I am finding some rather conflicting info. to say the least.

But I happen to stumble upon a Forum I was a member of years ago... FTE, and guess who I saw posting in a thread about interior paint codes? "THOU ART THE MAN!" (In a good way though):nabble_smiley_wink:

Whenever you get a minute, would you be able to look up what the interior paint code is for Ferdinand?

The exterior color is 1C (Black). Nice and simple. But this interior is maybe: tan, Desert Tan, Medium Desert Tan, Light Desert Tan, Camel, Saddle... 🙃 You get the picture.

Anyway, any help and guidance would be most appreciated. Hope you've had a good day so far.

Afternoon Gary.

Good to hear of a brother with an active faith! (Js 2:14-17) 👍🏼

I was browsing to get some info on my interior paint code since my Bronco was manufactured in 09/84 and I am finding some rather conflicting info. to say the least.

But I happen to stumble upon a Forum I was a member of years ago... FTE, and guess who I saw posting in a thread about interior paint codes? "THOU ART THE MAN!" (In a good way though):nabble_smiley_wink:

Whenever you get a minute, would you be able to look up what the interior paint code is for Ferdinand?

The exterior color is 1C (Black). Nice and simple. But this interior is maybe: tan, Desert Tan, Medium Desert Tan, Light Desert Tan, Camel, Saddle... 🙃 You get the picture.

Anyway, any help and guidance would be most appreciated. Hope you've had a good day so far.

There are several of us on here with active faith. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the interior color, go to the certification label decoder and you will see Body on the bottom line. Click that blue box and it'll take you to the Body Codes page where you can decode what you find there. I'll bet that the 2nd character will be "H", meaning tan, as shown in the table, since there was only one color like that for '85. (You can use my table at the top or scroll waaaaaay down to the 1985 table from Ford.)

Then click on the link above the table to go to the Interior Paint page, where you'll see the same table but with an adder to the right showing that SEM calls that paint Desert Tan and the paint code is 3040.

Unfortunately any 4-digit code isn't off-the-shelf, so you'll have to find a SEM dealer that will mix it for you. But there are supposed to be lots of them around, so hopefully that won't be difficult. :nabble_smiley_wink: