Bullnose Forum

Ferdinand - '85 Bronco 351W XLT "Phoenix" rebuild project...

Ferdinand

Thanks Gary. You are right on the fact that the original panels didn't match that well to begin with! I am glad to have the chalky issue taken care of and I really like the sound of the door when it closes now since I added all the extra insulation. The previous owner replaced the window motor so I am good there as well.

I have a window motor and a speaker to put in the passenger side when I do it. I may not mess with that till later in the year though.

The difference in the door-closing sound is amazing. Somewhere I have a video of the difference it made, years ago, on Dad's truck. Much, MUCH more pleasing.

So, I have to tote Ferdinand around on a trailer because I do not have plates yet.

(Looooooooong story)

Grateful to have use of my wife's grandfather's truck and trailer. But as you can see, it's a tight fit!

She obviously rides awfully tongue heavy since most of the weight is in the front. I am gong to try and back it up on the trailer for the one long trip I need to make. That should get the majority of the weight over the axles. Then, hopefully after that I won't need the trailer anymore!!

One long trip? What's the plan, Stan?

As for backing it on, make sure you still have enough tongue weight. Bad things happen otherwise.

One long trip? What's the plan, Stan?

As for backing it on, make sure you still have enough tongue weight. Bad things happen otherwise.

I have to run it about 2 hours North West (which will be more like 3 pulling a Bronco with a 1/2 Ton) to get an inspection. It's a long crazy unfortunate story but suffice it to say that when you have a few digits off from the VIN to the title, it is a VERY difficult thing to get settled!

After that I should be able to plate it and all will be well. (Lord willing)

I have to run it about 2 hours North West (which will be more like 3 pulling a Bronco with a 1/2 Ton) to get an inspection. It's a long crazy unfortunate story but suffice it to say that when you have a few digits off from the VIN to the title, it is a VERY difficult thing to get settled!

After that I should be able to plate it and all will be well. (Lord willing)

Be very careful on that run. Hopefully the trailer has brakes?

That VIN/title glitch sounds like a nightmare. Ouch!

Be very careful on that run. Hopefully the trailer has brakes?

That VIN/title glitch sounds like a nightmare. Ouch!

Slow and steady wins the race they say. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The trailer certainly isn't anything to write home about but it is heavy and tracks well. It does have brakes.

I plan to head North Thursday. So I am pretty excited to maybe be driving this thing Friday 😎

~been a looooong time coming...

Slow and steady wins the race they say. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The trailer certainly isn't anything to write home about but it is heavy and tracks well. It does have brakes.

I plan to head North Thursday. So I am pretty excited to maybe be driving this thing Friday 😎

~been a looooong time coming...

Yippee! I will keep you in my prayers for a safe and successful trip.

Let us know, soonest.

Yippee! I will keep you in my prayers for a safe and successful trip.

Let us know, soonest.

Thanks Gary. I appreciate that very much.

You will certainly be the first to see Ferdinand's true maiden voyage!

I certainly couldn't have got this far without you and all the guys that have found a "home away from home" on this forum :nabble_anim_handshake:

Thanks Gary. I appreciate that very much.

You will certainly be the first to see Ferdinand's true maiden voyage!

I certainly couldn't have got this far without you and all the guys that have found a "home away from home" on this forum :nabble_anim_handshake:

It sounds great! And, it looks great! You are going to love it, and it will all have been worth it. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for helping, that's what we are all about.