Bullnose Forum

Ferdinand - '85 Bronco 351W XLT "Phoenix" rebuild project...

Ferdinand

Evening gentlemen,

Bouncing around a bit due to time and weather...

Tonight I tried working on getting my driver's side door skin back together.

I need to install a new speaker, get the sound mat and insulation together, paint the skin, and reinstall everything.

On the speaker wiring, I read over Rembrant's thread and there are some realy helpful pics and info on that thread, but I was curious if there is a wire color chart for the radios and speakers anywhere?

I have been browsing, but can't seem to find anything. I thought for sure at least a chart was in here, but I could be wrong. We all look at a ton of info and sometimes its hard to remember where we see everything. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Anyway, if anyone has a any info., throw me a bone...

Happy wrenching!

Evening gentlemen,

I need to install a new speaker, get the sound mat and insulation together, paint the skin, and reinstall everything.

On the speaker wiring, I read over Rembrant's thread and there are some realy helpful pics and info on that thread, but I was curious if there is a wire color chart for the radios and speakers anywhere?

I have been browsing, but can't seem to find anything. I thought for sure at least a chart was in here, but I could be wrong. We all look at a ton of info and sometimes its hard to remember where we see everything. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Happy wrenching!

Evening! Yep, there's radio wiring info: Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM/Radio (Stereo)

Evening gentlemen,

Happy wrenching!

There are some tweaks, shortcuts, & upgrades in the captions of this album:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/931422/thumbnail/doorweight.jpg

Most of it applies to '80-96.

Evening! Yep, there's radio wiring info: Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM/Radio (Stereo)

Thanks Gary, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Although I have to admit, I wasn't sure which radio mine was classified as 😉

Side note - so glad to see so many new members joining the forum!! I wish I could keep up in welcoming them 🙃

(Hoping for another Ohio/West Virginia/Pennsylvania guy to join! I dont see myself making it up to Canada anytime soon 😂)

Thanks Gary, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Although I have to admit, I wasn't sure which radio mine was classified as 😉

Side note - so glad to see so many new members joining the forum!! I wish I could keep up in welcoming them 🙃

(Hoping for another Ohio/West Virginia/Pennsylvania guy to join! I dont see myself making it up to Canada anytime soon 😂)

Glad it was what you needed.

And, it is great to see all the new people. We are up to 322 members. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 weeks later...

Evening gentlemen,

Been tied up with life enough that it squeezed out project time for the most part. It has been good to see so many new projects to follow along with! (I have a lot of homework to do! :nabble_smiley_good:)

Here is a little bit of progress since last report:

Finally finished up the driver's side inner door card. The sun had deteriorated the plastic in the typical fashion that these fade and turn chalky. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Body_Door_DS_Doorskin_teardown.thumb.jpeg.8541ea0f44e6fb73f16540d55fc5115a.jpeg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_midsand.thumb.jpeg.078dd52dd143db078b4211b502928778.jpeg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_painting.thumb.jpg.3011399c1fd2b6d1aec39471c4ba29c7.jpg

Interior_Mix_Paint_Can_Code_2377.jpg.0d9de9a8958d7e5c0a2279f6ed025a50.jpg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_painting_2.thumb.jpg.c0ad634b00058757bcff69ed2e32a790.jpg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_painting_3.thumb.jpg.33bd9e28587f87a52a778a81ea52b967.jpg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_compare.thumb.jpg.babe662ad02ecd386804ebd56f21c68f.jpg

Body_Doors_DS_inside_skin_pulled.jpg.f517fc2073f85cacf2b25e8fc5cb64d1.jpg

Body_DS_Door_Insulation.thumb.jpg.c0ef1de6d45cb1a0c00f9cfc95db2a83.jpg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_paint_match.thumb.jpg.e064ecde00dd91ce04abcdae9936b677.jpg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_painting_finish_1.jpg.932c7cf4e1f8ff634bcc6d02236630b0.jpg

Body_Door_DS_Door_skin_painting_finish_2.thumb.jpg.c4895780bd1187553fe3d70097ff84ab.jpg

Evening gentlemen,

Been tied up with life enough that it squeezed out project time for the most part. It has been good to see so many new projects to follow along with! (I have a lot of homework to do! :nabble_smiley_good:)

Here is a little bit of progress since last report:

Finally finished up the driver's side inner door card. The sun had deteriorated the plastic in the typical fashion that these fade and turn chalky. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Here is the paint I ended up with. If you remember an earlier post of mine I was trying to use a desert tan off the shelf, but I was able to find a guy to custom mix some paint for me. I gave him one of my kick panels to try and match. You tell me if you think its close or if I should try for something closer for the passenger side.

*I am pretty pleased with the improvement. It is not perfect. Up close you can still see the texture difference. But, it is a far cry better than where I started.

I did go ahead and try to insulate the door and door card both before reinstalling. I did replace the speaker as well. (I'd really like to not have to pull this again any time soon!

It certainly is a huge improvement. But it is really, REALLY difficult to tell colors on a monitor. And especially when I think you took the pics under fluorescent lighting. It is amazing to me how different lighting brings out different colors in even adjacent panels.

So the main this is whether or not you are happy. If so, I'd do the other side the same way. I don't think everything was a perfect match originally, so the only way you'll get them to match now is to spray them all out of the same can.

It certainly is a huge improvement. But it is really, REALLY difficult to tell colors on a monitor. And especially when I think you took the pics under fluorescent lighting. It is amazing to me how different lighting brings out different colors in even adjacent panels.

So the main this is whether or not you are happy. If so, I'd do the other side the same way. I don't think everything was a perfect match originally, so the only way you'll get them to match now is to spray them all out of the same can.

I agree with Gary, hard to tell on the color match, but looks good! That's going to be a nice Bronco!

Thanks Gary. You are right on the fact that the original panels didn't match that well to begin with! I am glad to have the chalky issue taken care of and I really like the sound of the door when it closes now since I added all the extra insulation. The previous owner replaced the window motor so I am good there as well.

I have a window motor and a speaker to put in the passenger side when I do it. I may not mess with that till later in the year though.

I agree with Gary, hard to tell on the color match, but looks good! That's going to be a nice Bronco!

Thanks Grumpin

It is slowly all coming together. I took it in for a front end alignment yesterday and she got the attention of everyone in the shop :nabble_smiley_beam:.

Exhaust install is scheduled for Friday. After that, I think I am finally road worthy!!!!