Bullnose Forums

Ferdinand - '85 Bronco 351W XLT "Phoenix" rebuild project...

Ferdinand

Yes, I forgot to mention that passage. :nabble_smiley_good:

So glad you picked up on that. :nabble_smiley_wink: 2 Tim. 3:15

Thanks a million on the references for the bolt size. I am going to get the linkage together tonight so I can fire it up but I will look into that replacement procedure here in a few days. I am on a NO LEAK mission. Even the smallest ones just will not do! 🙃

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So progress is slow but steady...

I am LOVING the Graphite grey on the front trim!

I have a question about my nefarious coolant leak...

If I have my overflow blocked off right now because I don't have it connected (no fenders = not yet mounted the washer/overflow reservoir) would that build up too much pressure while running and force a leak where there wouldn't normally be one?

Curious of anyone's thoughts.

I'm not sure, but you could run the hose to an empty coolant bottle to try.

I'm not sure, but you could run the hose to an empty coolant bottle to try.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks grumpin.

I'm thinking that as well. I am just trying to eliminate as many variables as I can. I am hoping to get the UV test done tonight and set my curiosity to rest!

:nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks grumpin.

I'm thinking that as well. I am just trying to eliminate as many variables as I can. I am hoping to get the UV test done tonight and set my curiosity to rest!

I do like the Graphite! :nabble_smiley_good:

And blocking the overflow would cause higher pressure. I'd try taking it to a bottle instead, as grumpin suggested.

Good luck on the test.

I'm confused. You said no leak other than the leak coming from the rear main. So you are losing coolant and oil? But no signs of where the coolant is going?

Well I am guessing at the location because all I can see is where it’s running out from in between the transmission and the block. It’s dripping out of the same location it did before I pull the transmission of course. Per for all the cold that’s coming out of that location while it’s running I am absolutely amazed that I can’t see any: running on the surface of this engine somewhere.

Well I am guessing at the location because all I can see is where it’s running out from in between the transmission and the block. It’s dripping out of the same location it did before I pull the transmission of course. Per for all the cold that’s coming out of that location while it’s running I am absolutely amazed that I can’t see any: running on the surface of this engine somewhere.

Ok, I see the liquid that has the dye in it, but is that coolant? It seems to be with the surface tension it has.

Can you take a look at the back of the intake manifold?

And, I've tried to embed your video - let's see if it works.