Bullnose Forums

Columbo detective work on 1996 F150?

That's a bummer that the truck is already parted out. If not too far from Montreal, I could have go there for you.

According to Car-Part, there are only two of these specific 1996 transmissions available east of Calgary, Alberta and they are both in Quebec! The first one I looked at in Marieville southeast of Montreal, but the second one is in Saint Jerome! Do you know this company below?

henrimiron.jpg.347f52524764d77c1628f9133e192f93.jpg

I'm going to keep searching around and see what else I can find, but this one in Saint Jerome might be my next best option. There's nothing out here on the east coast.

That's a bummer that the truck is already parted out. If not too far from Montreal, I could have go there for you.

According to Car-Part, there are only two of these specific 1996 transmissions available east of Calgary, Alberta and they are both in Quebec! The first one I looked at in Marieville southeast of Montreal, but the second one is in Saint Jerome! Do you know this company below?

I'm going to keep searching around and see what else I can find, but this one in Saint Jerome might be my next best option. There's nothing out here on the east coast.

My brother in law lives near Marieville, and St-Jerome is close from here.

I do not know Miron, they look to have a good yard.

2474760C-EDAE-4E69-909F-1B36CAEE7B70.thumb.jpeg.262042c716a49e6da3b9d1e21af6edb7.jpeg

If we can help you, it will be a pleasure.

My brother in law lives near Marieville, and St-Jerome is close from here.

I do not know Miron, they look to have a good yard.

If we can help you, it will be a pleasure.

I ended up finding a transmission locally...well, here in NS at least (and hour away).

What the heck is with the prices of automatic transmissions these days? I'm obviously living in the past. In my mind, a trans out of a junked truck should be worth $200-$250 (Canadian). I mean, they usually have at least 200,000 kms on them (120k miles) and the trucks rust out before they wear out (usually). A used transmission is now $500-$600 bucks.

I figured I'd bypass everybody and order one from car-part on the USA side, assuming they'd be way cheaper, like things usually are, and no sir...still $500-$700 bucks. Then you have to ship them...another couple hundred bucks, and then at the very least they need all new seals and gaskets, etc.

What a racket! lol. Anyway, I'm just ranting...but maybe it's an issue that is specific to the 4R70W transmission.

So I bought this one locally, and paid a fortune for it, but at least I have backup now. Thanks all for looking, reading, and helping along.

Oh, just one more thing…

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Ah, I see why the interior looked so good.

Really low miles on it until after 2012. Then raked the miles on it in the past 5 years or so.

I will admit, that truck fooled me. Possibly a lot of highway miles. :nabble_smiley_uh:

--------------------------

As for living in the past. It still shocks me what stuff is going for nowadays.

One Cent Candy anyone? Three for one penny? :nabble_smiley_wink: