Bullnose Forums

Ford F250 chassis from the 80's ?

Olaf

Hello

I'm from Germany and I need help, I need a new kingpin because it's knocked out. Unfortunately I don't know which chassis I have, because the vehicle is made up of several unknown parts.

I think it's a Ford F250 or F350 chassis from the 80's.

The engine installed is a 460.

Can anyone tell from the pictures and the part numbers what kind of chassis this is (and year of manufacture)?

Thanks

Olaf

P1033995.jpg.7097d67de2e0bf9f1120de8029bd22d5.jpgP1034000.jpg.aeb0382056b34836d15269c680ed590d.jpgP1033992.jpg.09fa51f1c5f4b46e1670702826909873.jpgP1033996.jpg.7a739bac8dcdf63e0f63c40b7ab687a2.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome, Olaf! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

You may have missed the email I sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then post an introduction there. We ask that because we hold everyone to the guidelines and since they are posted in the NMSH folder ask that you first post there to ensure you have a chance to read them.

Don't worry, many people miss that step. But have you read them?

And, what part of Germany? I've spent some time there, and we have some members there - which you can see on the map at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. Happy to add you if you'd like.

As for identifying the parts, do you have a VIN? Or a certification label on the driver's door jamb? If so can you post a pic of them?

Welcome, Olaf! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

You may have missed the email I sent you asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then post an introduction there. We ask that because we hold everyone to the guidelines and since they are posted in the NMSH folder ask that you first post there to ensure you have a chance to read them.

Don't worry, many people miss that step. But have you read them?

And, what part of Germany? I've spent some time there, and we have some members there - which you can see on the map at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. Happy to add you if you'd like.

As for identifying the parts, do you have a VIN? Or a certification label on the driver's door jamb? If so can you post a pic of them?

Hello Gary

Thank you for your quick response.

I'm from near Berlin.

Unfortunately I don't know which vehicle the chassis is from.

It's a Ford chassis with a Chevy body.

Here is another picture of the problem.

My Chevy on Ford chassis (with my Dodge in tow:))

Olaf

014a.jpg.34bf6e59e4d093004a35cca1a7151ec0.jpg

Hello Gary

I'm from near Berlin.

Olaf

First, please read the guidelines here and confirm that you have.

Second, do you want to be on the map as if in Berlin? Having been there I'm aware it is rather large, but we aren't trying to get very precise either.

As for the vehicle, now I understand! '57 Dodge? And a '53 Chevy panel truck?

But let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. In the illustration below I've circled the king pin in red. Is that what we are talking about?

If so we need to get some of the guys involved that know more about king pins than I do, but I can look at the part numbers.

King_Pin.jpg.941a04e35b553137901d8feaac7f2e50.jpg

Hello Gary

I'm from near Berlin.

Olaf

Usually somewhere on the frame there would be a VIN stamped for US and Canada sales and possibly for overseas sales From your pictures you have the forged axles. If it is like my 1986 F350, the king pins have screw in end caps. If you have them and you can get one of the top ones off you should be able to measure the king pin diameter (bottom might work too). It looks from Rock Auto's catalog that it is most likely the same as the F350, a 1.054 inch diameter pin almost 7 inches long.

First, please read the guidelines here and confirm that you have.

Second, do you want to be on the map as if in Berlin? Having been there I'm aware it is rather large, but we aren't trying to get very precise either.

As for the vehicle, now I understand! '57 Dodge? And a '53 Chevy panel truck?

But let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. In the illustration below I've circled the king pin in red. Is that what we are talking about?

If so we need to get some of the guys involved that know more about king pins than I do, but I can look at the part numbers.

1959 Dodge, neighbor's 15 year old son has a blue and white one with the 326 ci Poly head V8.

1959 Dodge, neighbor's 15 year old son has a blue and white one with the 326 ci Poly head V8.

Thanks, Bill. I'm not au fait with king pins. Nor Dodges in the late 50's I guess. Drove a '54 Plymouth a bunch, but didn't drive a Dodge until the Bee in '69.

As for the VIN, which might tell us a lot, Ford stamped them on the top of the frame roughly under the right front passenger's feet. You can see where it is on Dad's truck in this post and also in a post a couple of notches further down.

Usually somewhere on the frame there would be a VIN stamped for US and Canada sales and possibly for overseas sales From your pictures you have the forged axles. If it is like my 1986 F350, the king pins have screw in end caps. If you have them and you can get one of the top ones off you should be able to measure the king pin diameter (bottom might work too). It looks from Rock Auto's catalog that it is most likely the same as the F350, a 1.054 inch diameter pin almost 7 inches long.

Wow, you're fast.

Gary I have read the guidelines, but where do I have to confirm them?

I don't have to appear on the map (I don't have a real Ford eitherhttp://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg)

Yes, it's a 1953 Chevy panel on a Ford chassis. I use this for dirt track racing.

The 1959 Dodge (Mayfair) was completely restored by me in 1997.

Yes, it's about the King Pin, since I have to order it, of course I have to know which vehicle it is for.

Thanks for the tip with the VIN, I'll see tomorrow if I can find it on the frame as described.

Rennen_Bergring_Rust_n_Dust_b.jpg.3df9b02a2dbd412cb02c1d3399dbe678.jpg

Wow, you're fast.

I don't have to appear on the map (I don't have a real Ford either:nabble_thinking-26_orig:)

Yes, it's a 1953 Chevy panel on a Ford chassis. I use this for dirt track racing.

Yes, it's about the King Pin, since I have to order it, of course I have to know which vehicle it is for.

Thanks for the tip with the VIN, I'll see tomorrow if I can find it on the frame as described.

First, since it is 5 PM here it is midnight there. When do you sleep?

But, you are now on the map, albeit in the middle of a busy street so that's not likely where you live.

As for the ChevFord, that looks like fun! Do you win much? You said you have a 460? What transmission?

Don't miss Bill's posts. He's done a lot more with king pins than I have.

But I have been to Berlin. My wife and I stayed there for several days a few years ago and really enjoyed it. However we've been to several other parts of Germany more times - especially Bavaria. (Might have even seen a large parade there. :nabble_smiley_cool:)

Wow, you're fast.

I don't have to appear on the map (I don't have a real Ford either:nabble_thinking-26_orig:)

Ok what year is the Chrysler in the dirt track picture? We had a 1953 Custom Imperial when I was growing up, 331 Hemi and "Tip toe" shift semi-automatic transmission.