Bullnose Forums

Defective new lifter vs. new cam

ReneH

Wow!!!! Wonderful! Kudos to Summit. :nabble_anim_claps:

So, yesterday I've got progress and installed the new cam and lifters.

Within this week I will re-mount the rest of the engine.

This time I have added the comp cams break-in additive, cause my break-in oil is empty...

I've checked all lifters working well.

Next weekend I will start with setting the base timing and then I'll do the cam break-in like comp cams manual.

20230501_164750.jpg.7457c3907aa305e32c00a3e2e04511a3.jpg

20230501_164757.jpg.c57ccb60969ebbe19e8b4cdbcd356d09.jpg

So, yesterday I've got progress and installed the new cam and lifters.

Within this week I will re-mount the rest of the engine.

This time I have added the comp cams break-in additive, cause my break-in oil is empty...

I've checked all lifters working well.

Next weekend I will start with setting the base timing and then I'll do the cam break-in like comp cams manual.

That’s good progress!

You did lube the cam and lifters as you installed them with some special lube - right? And I’d spin the oil pump with a drill to prime the oil system so everything is well lubed.

Good luck! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

That’s good progress!

You did lube the cam and lifters as you installed them with some special lube - right? And I’d spin the oil pump with a drill to prime the oil system so everything is well lubed.

Good luck! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Hi Gary,

yes, I've used the comp cams special lube that comes with the cam for the lobes, the bearings and also the lifters.

I will also prime the oil system with a drill, before starting the engine and set the initial timing. Priming it now and start the engine about a week later seems to be not a good idea, I think...

Hi Gary,

yes, I've used the comp cams special lube that comes with the cam for the lobes, the bearings and also the lifters.

I will also prime the oil system with a drill, before starting the engine and set the initial timing. Priming it now and start the engine about a week later seems to be not a good idea, I think...

Excellent! And it is best to prime it as close to starting as is possible. :nabble_smiley_good: