Bullnose Forums

Ill Fitting Aftermarket Parts.....ARGHHHH!

It's been some back and forth with a kindly gentleman from NPD whom I think doesn't know our trucks very well. I say this because I think he thinks the part that they sent me, the part that I ordered, is for an XLT. From what I can tell, they don't even sell the XLT trim. I also told him that the part that they sent me would no way fit an XLT.

Also, told me that the radiator trim molding did not fit because I didn't have the headlight buckets in??? I didn't get him pictures of that, just a single picture of the curve as it runs along the top of my grille, which I posted above. I think it obvious, based on the above picture, that it would not fit directly in my headlight buckets. The part has a bow to it that doesn't even run correctly with my grill.

As such, had to send more pictures and explanation on things and may have to pull all my OEM stuff back off again and take pictures of the ill fitting parts on my truck. I'm trying to be nice, as I've always liked the way this company has done business and have never had an issue with my Mustang parts. Moreover, if these parts don't fit my truck, they sure aren't going to fit others and I'd sure think they'd want to know about it.

I'll keep you's posted!

John - Sometimes it helps for a vendor to see that their product is being discussed, and not in a positive light, on the internet. If I were you'd I'd send him a permalink of your post with the pics rather than just the pics. That way he can see that the whole world is aware that their product does not fit. Not just you.

We may not be the biggest forum for Bullnose trucks, but at 2000 members worldwide and with the best documentation, by far, we are well known. So for us to be saying the NPD part doesn't fit carries some weight.

John - Sometimes it helps for a vendor to see that their product is being discussed, and not in a positive light, on the internet. If I were you'd I'd send him a permalink of your post with the pics rather than just the pics. That way he can see that the whole world is aware that their product does not fit. Not just you.

We may not be the biggest forum for Bullnose trucks, but at 2000 members worldwide and with the best documentation, by far, we are well known. So for us to be saying the NPD part doesn't fit carries some weight.

Yeah, I thought about that Gary but don't want to come across as brash, angry, or threatening. I did stick my chest out there a little bit by saying I know these trucks well and am a moderator on this sight....LOL! I kind of feel a little regret in saying that. Thanks!

Yeah, I thought about that Gary but don't want to come across as brash, angry, or threatening. I did stick my chest out there a little bit by saying I know these trucks well and am a moderator on this sight....LOL! I kind of feel a little regret in saying that. Thanks!

John - I wasn't thinking you'd be brash, angry, or threatening. Instead I was thinking something like:

I'm on a forum with a number of people who are very knowledgeable about these trucks. I've posted some pics showing how your part(s) fit, and the gurus on the site agree - something isn't right. So we'd like to help you figure out what the issue is because we need vendors like you who provide the parts we use to maintain/restore these trucks.

You can see my pics here, and follow the conversation further if you'd like.

That lets them know that you aren't "the voice of one crying in the wilderness", but that others who are into these trucks have looked at the pics and agree - there is a problem, Houston. On the other hand, it lets them see that pics of how their part fits, or doesn't, is out there on the internet for everyone to see - without you saying so. Plus, it tells them that we value them and want to work with them to get it right.

(But, it they do follow the conversation further they'll see this discussion, which is a reminder to always keep our comments positive. Like "I'm positive there is an opportunity to resolve this issue." :nabble_smiley_evil:)