Bullnose Forums

Bucket Seat Seatbelt Standup Thingee?

Yep, which is why LMC may have lost this sale. I'd really like to give them my business, but I am not going to fight that catalog.

So I just ordered from Seatbelt Planet. Total was $65.97, inc tax and shipping. Should have them in a few days as they are in stock in OKC.

LMC website is horrible.

I would buy more from them but the UX is so bad.

Looking forward to the seatbelt solution as i need this too

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMC website is horrible.

I would buy more from them but the UX is so bad.

Looking forward to the seatbelt solution as i need this too

I've tagged Keith/FORDification to this thread as he is Mr Ford for LMC. I know he's said he can't fix the catalog, but he needs to see how many of us hate their UX (user interface) and how much business they are losing. Perhaps he can keep telling upper management about this and finally get them to fix it.

By the way, Will at Seatbelt Planet said that one of their most popular services is rewebbing. They put new belts/webbing on your ends and buckles in whatever color you want.

I've tagged Keith/FORDification to this thread as he is Mr Ford for LMC. I know he's said he can't fix the catalog, but he needs to see how many of us hate their UX (user interface) and how much business they are losing. Perhaps he can keep telling upper management about this and finally get them to fix it.

By the way, Will at Seatbelt Planet said that one of their most popular services is rewebbing. They put new belts/webbing on your ends and buckles in whatever color you want.

I'm late to the party again, but when I needed sleeves for my Bronco I went to a junk yard and pulled the inner sleeve with its section of the seat belt. I then pulled the belt out and put the new belt I already had in. Yes the twist was a bit of a pain, but I don't think mine twisted quite that tight. I don't recall what I got the belts out of. It might have been a Ford pickup!

I'm late to the party again, but when I needed sleeves for my Bronco I went to a junk yard and pulled the inner sleeve with its section of the seat belt. I then pulled the belt out and put the new belt I already had in. Yes the twist was a bit of a pain, but I don't think mine twisted quite that tight. I don't recall what I got the belts out of. It might have been a Ford pickup!

Yes, the Ford ones don't have as much of a twist, or maybe just not as abrupt of a twist.

But around here where we have copious UV the sheaths are toast. I have three of them and none are usable. The one in the pic above is the best and even it is rotting away at the top where the sun could hit it.

I'll post back when I get them and 'splain how easily the belts go in. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Yes, the Ford ones don't have as much of a twist, or maybe just not as abrupt of a twist.

But around here where we have copious UV the sheaths are toast. I have three of them and none are usable. The one in the pic above is the best and even it is rotting away at the top where the sun could hit it.

I'll post back when I get them and 'splain how easily the belts go in. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Following. I'll need whatever solution is determined here also, in blue.

Got to wondering how the sheaths will fit when I slide the seat base forward, so I installed this old one to see. It is hard and cracked, but it would work. Hopefully the new sheaths are more pliable and won't really mind.

Squished_Inner_Sheath.jpg.c24f5b1fd14cc93906253a551eb95ee0.jpg

But in the pic I also spotted some numbers on that sheath and then got to looking. Pics below, but the numbers are:

• TRW H-9470H-9472 4130 on the side, and 35950 A REGENCY 35912A on the bottom

• TRW H-9471H-9473 4130 on the side, and 35963 A REGENCY 35913A on the bottom

I've not found those numbers, but I'm still looking. Perhaps one of y'all can?

Here's what's on the bottoms which goes against the floor:

Red_Inner_Sheaths_-_Bottom.jpg.e11a1dc08cae78eeb7b58ed3194bb8f3.jpg

And here are the numbers on the sides:

Red_Sheath_TRW_H-9470H-9472.jpg.da115db2db0d772db123280d5ca89086.jpgRed_Sheath_TRW_H-9471H-9473.jpg.f2dacc29df820d441a83ac40f79b1564.jpg

TRW is one of the seatbelt manufacturers from our era. American Safety and Allied Signal are others.

I'm thinking they are internal numbers for the manufacturing process.

TRW still exists ... But would they have records? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

TRW is one of the seatbelt manufacturers from our era. American Safety and Allied Signal are others.I'm thinking they are internal numbers for the manufacturing process.TRW still exists ... But would they have records? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:
Well, this isn't going well at all. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I've tried everything I can think of and cannot get the end of the seatbelt, the bit that bolts to the floor, through the sheath. As you can see in the video the plate hits the twist kerthunk. And no amount of hot air, hot water, or lubrication has done anything but deform the sheath a bit.

I've broken the doubled Nylon string multiple times where it wraps around the hole in the plate, so I've padded that with tape. And placing it in the vise lets me pull on the sheath with both hands - wearing gloves. But regardless of how hard I've pulled the plate doesn't get past the point where it hits the twist.

So, here's my plan:
  1. New Belts: On Monday I'll call Seatbelt Planet and see if they'll sell a pair of sheaths with the inboard belts. (I'll also ask if they have a trick on getting the plate through there but don't really have any expectation that they have a better idea than what I've tried.)

Stitching: If they don't sell just the inboard belt at a reasonable price I'm thinking of cutting the stitching so the plate can be removed and then put back on after feeding it through the sheath. But I don't know what that would cost nor how quickly I could get it done.

Anyone have a better idea????

Well, this isn't going well at all. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I've tried everything I can think of and cannot get the end of the seatbelt, the bit that bolts to the floor, through the sheath. As you can see in the video the plate hits the twist kerthunk. And no amount of hot air, hot water, or lubrication has done anything but deform the sheath a bit.

I've broken the doubled Nylon string multiple times where it wraps around the hole in the plate, so I've padded that with tape. And placing it in the vise lets me pull on the sheath with both hands - wearing gloves. But regardless of how hard I've pulled the plate doesn't get past the point where it hits the twist.

So, here's my plan:
  1. New Belts: On Monday I'll call Seatbelt Planet and see if they'll sell a pair of sheaths with the inboard belts. (I'll also ask if they have a trick on getting the plate through there but don't really have any expectation that they have a better idea than what I've tried.)

Stitching: If they don't sell just the inboard belt at a reasonable price I'm thinking of cutting the stitching so the plate can be removed and then put back on after feeding it through the sheath. But I don't know what that would cost nor how quickly I could get it done.

Anyone have a better idea????

Gary, would these possibly work? If so, your search could widen to other than Broncos.https://www.ebay.com/itm/255061062004?hash=item3b62d2f174:g:l8MAAOSwChxg96od&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8DSn3qt0V%2FoWUELaxRiRW5SwAzTx415rxw6R%2F0eHK6QdNduzO4jw48ZpHjTU4yY2Gy7HomoyZyj5CM5M5iyX1HojACMJI3e1rm80njC3FCzJmHxYZGVYzMI%2Bf71%2BffEhFMw8bJjJzQkhCi71UaPM8BaYr7UXH1I8vu%2FKR2juNgkY3ev2eeDfVrf8%2FRZ80ywWHlTPdTcUy3alF0vv5oMk4OX1w%2Fv9X035vcA9JRGDPu7q5yMHGpjXz57hCVH14twhWKSReYaJwu08PuFjK%2FpkrJs%2B8AM5pnLTA6rRN1mC%2FGJUu2H2vFCkLf2q0qHvaY2GAA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-qMqujwYQs-l500.jpg.35db17fb0b51d74a55a156f7600ec259.jpg