Bullnose Forums

Getting ready for the road

C.Jett

Installed front fuel tank, it’s galvanized and powder coated a silver gray, then I added an undercoat. New sender and vent. I also added ground wire direct to sender and frame. It appears to be a quality tank, haven’t added fuel yet, still sorting wires.

New fuel lines and filters. E5F39014-7341-46FA-95FB-272F35198491.jpeg.493138d5a5c44464e415febfd596eba8.jpeg

Installed front fuel tank, it’s galvanized and powder coated a silver gray, then I added an undercoat. New sender and vent. I also added ground wire direct to sender and frame. It appears to be a quality tank, haven’t added fuel yet, still sorting wires.

The front fuel tank was so much fun, I ordered the rear tank and sender. It looks to be twice the fun. O well, Onward !!!

Thanks Jeff, the fuel pump went out sitting in my driveway, lucky?

About 15 years ago, mine decided to die in a gas station, while coming back home from equine competition, loaded with horses in trailer, kids in the truck, 70 miles from home.

NAPA one mile away, had ONE in stock, 15 minutes before closing on Saturday.

I considered myself lucky.

So, having a fuel pump dying in home driveway is, well, really lucky!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Thanks Jeff, the fuel pump went out sitting in my driveway, lucky?

About 15 years ago, mine decided to die in a gas station, while coming back home from equine competition, loaded with horses in trailer, kids in the truck, 70 miles from home.

NAPA one mile away, had ONE in stock, 15 minutes before closing on Saturday.

I considered myself lucky.

So, having a fuel pump dying in home driveway is, well, really lucky!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Now I know why Ford put two tanks on - so you have a backup fuel pump!

Now I know why Ford put two tanks on - so you have a backup fuel pump!

I am planning a "potential" and really "uncertain" road trip with Big Bro this late summer. I decided to put a new fuel pump, and I'll keep the "old" one in the glove box.

We never know...