Bullnose Forums

lug studs in hubs?

awesome happy monday! what it looked like to me just wanted to ask for extra clarity. i am replacing rotors, are the studs easy enough to punch out and in right there on site? i had ordered new ones to take to the local machine shop to have them punched in the new rotor before i start this swap out thanks again

There's a detail in here that I think was missed. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't press the new studs into the new rotor before you start the swap. You need to get the old rotor off the hub. Then you put the new rotor and hub together using the studs.

And for what it's worth, I don't think you necessarily have to replace the studs with new. If you are hammering the studs out you might damage them, but if you're careful (especially if you can use a press) they should be fine to reuse.

Lucked out and found someone willing to let me use their press, first time doing this job so just trying to cover bases and plan ahead should all go well hopefully, expecting high wind gust this weekend so should make things interesting.

Lucked out and found someone willing to let me use their press, first time doing this job so just trying to cover bases and plan ahead should all go well hopefully, expecting high wind gust this weekend so should make things interesting.

A press should make it easy. Good luck!