Bullnose Forums

Broken throttle cable

I don't see a picture. I guess that would make it small. My tech skills are not the best at times. I don't have a speed control so I can forget about that cable. I was really needing the little one that has about a 270 degree bend in it. I used a bit of hillbilly engineering on that. I think that one is actually a part of the throttle body. Thanks for the responses. I'm sure I'll be back...

I like those big clear photos. but I'm going to confuse you further:nabble_anim_confused:

the top pic is the throttle/accelerator cable. yet that length will be for the 4.9 carbureted version. cross reference the part number for the specific year and engine that you have. 5.0 efi . it will be longer by about a foot or more. the v8 carburetor cables are even shorter yet so be certain to buy one for efi 5.0/5.8

I like those big clear photos. but I'm going to confuse you further:nabble_anim_confused:

the top pic is the throttle/accelerator cable. yet that length will be for the 4.9 carbureted version. cross reference the part number for the specific year and engine that you have. 5.0 efi . it will be longer by about a foot or more. the v8 carburetor cables are even shorter yet so be certain to buy one for efi 5.0/5.8

As long as it reaches the gas pedal. I have bigger problems now; it looks like I may have a blown head gasket. Blue Devil is the only thing that I can afford so it will have to work???